Forum Discussion

HerosGaming
New Contributor
28 days ago

Network Upgrade Email

I also have received an email just like others did. I have looked through forums, reddit and every place else and still can't get a definite answer. Is it a Fiber upgrade? What type of upgrade is it to where they need to let me know a week in advance? I currently pay for 10 Upload and the most I can get in my apartment (area) is 40 Upload with the 1 GIG plan. The email is very vague and doesn't say anything about Fiber or (Node splits). I also haven't seen any trucks out by my place partly because I don't get home until someone after 5:30PM and I don't know if they would be working after that time.

Can someone please fill me in with what this network upgrade includes?

• Hi HerosGaming.
    Thank you for your inquiry. We don't really have a ton of detail available since our team is not involved directly in the work, but I do know we will be in the area replacing lines and upgrading our outside equipment to improve network reliability and increase bandwidth. There is a planned temporary service outage during the transition from the old network lines to the new cable. The outage will occur during the day. It is estimated to be less than four hours long but could be longer if obstacles are encountered. You're being notified in advance because we want to be sure you have ample time to plan to accommodate for the daytime outage. If you have additional questions, please email cox.help@cox.com with your full name, complete street address, details of your inquiry and a link to your forum post.