Forum Discussion

Sea-Salt
New Contributor
4 years ago

Moving questions

I'm going to be moving in a couple of weeks, so I'm wanting to get everything in order so that I have my service as soon as possible at my new place.

I'm a little confused about the process on the website, though. The FAQ says that I can just bring my existing equipment with me to the new place, but when I get to the Installation tab in the checkout process, it just list options to ship something to my new place (or to pick it up at a Cox store or have someone come out to set things up).

Is the wording on the website just inconsistent, or do I still need to get something shipped out?

One last question; is the service transfer quick? I work online, so I just want to make sure I'll have my service running pretty soon after I move.

2 Replies

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello,

All great questions. I totally understand. If you know that the new place has Cox service recently then all you have to do is take the existing equipment. It all depends on the service that you are transferring. If you have telephone service you may want to give yourself 2 weeks. If you have internet and video or just internet, you can do the transfer the night before and it will be on the next day. All you have to do is call us back when you move to the new place. To make sure it goes smoothly. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. This way the Social Media Support Group can check on everything for you. CONGRATULATIONS on the new place!!! New place, new beginnings.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator