Forum Discussion

cxb
New Contributor II
6 years ago

Marking as Not Spam giving error messages

Non-spam messages frequently appear in myemail spam folder.  When I click the thumbs up icon to move them to my inbox, I often get server error messages, and the non-spam messages remain in the spam folder.  I should be able to check the box beside all non-spam messages, click the thumbs up to mark them as not spam, and have all of them moved into the inbox immediately.  Instead, it commonly requires checking and marking them not spam multiple times before they are moved.

Marking messages as not spam seems to have no effect on the filtering, as messages from the same senders frequently appear again in the spam folder.  There should be a way for users to white-list legitimate senders.

ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    @Cxb

The spam filter settings are not specific to individual users. The marking of spam or not spam effectively counts as a vote and if enough votes are received the spam filters will consider treating the specified items as requested. Do you happen to have the error message received when you are experiencing problems with this?

-Chris
      cxb
      New Contributor II

One message is:

Error

Message could not be sent to the following recipients: [thisisnotspam@cox.net] (451 - 451 4.2.0 ... temporary failure
      )
      Another says it can't complete the operation due to an internal server error. 
      Either way the non-spam message doesn't get moved to the inbox.
        StephanieS
        @Cxb

I've gone ahead and set up a ticket for the issue that you're having. It may take a week or two before we get a response. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

StephanieS
      MichaelJ
      What is the error message that you are receiving? -Mike