Forum Discussion

t_skwerl
New Contributor
4 years ago

Lousy service.

So, my mother passed away recently and I had to cancel her account and start a new one in my name. The first rep I called was really nice and shipped my mini boxes immediately. I had them the very next day. But, she had told me I could continue to use the modem I already had. Everything was fine for a week. Then, my internet was shut off completely. I got online through my phone and asked a rep why. She said my account wasn't activated yet and I'd have to have my mother call or go to the Cox store to get that sorted out. Gee, I'll bring her ashes by, thanks.

So, I convinced her to send me a modem through the mail. A week went by. Still no modem. I asked an agent over the phone if I could add a friend to my account and have him pick up a modem from the Cox store. She said yes. He went. They denied it to him.

I called and this rep said it was in the mail. I'm still waiting. So, I call again and this rep said my modem was part of a work order, new installation or something. I'm still waiting. So, I call and ask again if I can have my friend, whose name is still on the account, to pick up a modem. They said yes. He went. They didn't give it to him.

At this point, I'm willing to hire someone from Cox to just drive a damned modem to my house and put it in my hands. I'll even pay your gas money. It's been nearly 3 weeks since my original initial order and my 100 dollar deposit.

WHERE IS MY MODEM?

• @T_skwerl, I am truly sorry to hear about your loss and I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of this concern to cox.help@cox.com so we can help. Thanks. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.