Forum Discussion

Mikeyis4dcats
New Contributor
6 months ago

Locked out of account

My mother received a notice her account was locked for safety.   She has reached out to cox several times via phone and spent several hours on the phone and the local store and everyone tells her they are unable to help her.   They tell her they are unable to text her a reset code because her phone number is associated with her account, which seems totally backwards.   They also tell her there is no other way to reset and reclaim the account.  Someone from an office in Las Vegas told her to go to the local Cox store and have the store call him and he would be able to assist once they confirmed her identity, but the store tells her they cannot provide any tech support only sales.  Please help, as this is her only email account and is the access point for almsot everything in her life (utilities, banks, etc.).  She was finally sent a temporary password which let her in one time but now she is locked out again and cannot get anyone to help send her a password again.

8 Replies

• Hello. I spoke with her a few times. She was unable to test it at that time, but I advised her to message me on Facebook. I also included her in the previous email chain with her non-Cox account and advised she could reply back there anytime if there are issues. I recommend she reach back out to us via one of those methods. The forums page is a community page for customers to assist each other with issues. Account specific troubles like this should be emailed or sent to us via Twitter or Facebook messages so we can discuss account details.

Thank you. 

Mikeyis4dcats
      New Contributor

Nichole, I appreeciate that, however she is now 3 weeks into this and cannot get anyone to reply and gets told something different by every single rep.  She has replied to you several times from Gmail and has not received any response?

NicholeC

I do not see anything from her. I cannot initiate an email. Please have her email cox.help@cox.com from her gmail so we can reverify the account and have communications that we can have as ongoing with our team. 

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

I have heard some people are having their email ignored. I sent one about a hour ago and haven't gotten a reply. Might want to try Twitter(X) or Facebook instead if you have it.