Forum Discussion

LcT
New Contributor
5 years ago

it is 10:00 pm here in my house

i have my sons internet to be shut off at 1am. for some reason the cox panoranmic wifi router thinks its 1am and shutting him down early. is there a adjust the time option? i cant find it or do i need to set it to 3am so it shuts off at 1am. kinda dumb if i have to do that. the options are basic as can be for $120 a month.

8 Replies

EricB
    Contributor

Cox's panoramic WiFi modem is a giant dumpster fire.... Can't do QoS at all, cant port foward or anything without using their website that 1/2 the time doesnt even work.   If I didn't have the Piece of S H I T for free till next month, I would have already replaced it.   Do yourself a favor don't pay them more money they don't deserve and buy a quality modem and router, after 1 year of paying cox, it will pay for itself!

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

What's the make/model?  It appears to be a time-zone adjustment.  What's odd is the setting for time-sync would be hard to find.

LcT
      New Contributor

i have the latest model for gigablast. no where on the dashboard is any time or time zones. my gaming router has tons of options. the cox one is like a total of 5 options

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Dashboard?  Are you logging into the router?

Again...what's its make/model?

LcT
    New Contributor

I was able to log in the router with 

Username admin

Password password

Still no setting for time. When i look at status the time is right. But still have to set the time 3 hrs more then the time i  want internet off. Dont make any sense.

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      Hi LcT, can you please include a link to this forum thread and email us at cox.help@cox.com? We may need to escalate this case on your behalf. Please also ensure all devices' operating systems are up-to-date. If you're using the Panoramic WiFi app, I would also recommend uninstalling and then reinstalling it. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator