Forum Discussion

austinr
New Contributor
3 months ago

Internet slow every morning

I have gigabit or gigablast. Every morning my internet is very slow,  like no more than 5 Mbps.  However the upload speed remains high at  over 100 Mbps. I see this is a problem with a lot of other customers. Only after I reset my modem through the cox  app the problem gets magically corrected.  I have my own equipment and there is no scheduled down time. Is this being done on purpose?  

tcby78
    New Contributor

I have been restarting our gateway every day due to slow speed. After restarting the download speed is up to 1gb but after 20 min internet gets disconnected and speed gets down to 80 mbps. 

• The purpose of Cox Forums is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to Cox residential [Internet] [Cox TV] [Etc] services with other customers. For questions, comments, and concerns regarding outages, billing, or other account-specific issues, we request that you reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook at  https://www.facebook.com/coxcommunications, or email us at Cox.Help@cox.com.