Forum Discussion

Hugocarera
New Contributor
6 months ago

Internet not working 3 weeks

Lake Forest California, 3 weeks, 2 modem replacements 5 technicians, outside rewiring and and still not able to keep the connection up for more than 5 minutes, network and Wi-Fi .

i call support, "we are going to test the modem" all is good and that's it nothing 

i got the gigablast + unlimited plan, I work from home, video conferences, downloads large files SQL Databases.  this issue is making me lost business and money 

Looks like Cox is not able to provide the service they offer and charge a considerable amount for it 
Multiple outages, unreliable service, if not the worst to 3 of the worst customer services 

26 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

What model modem and router do you have? Can you include a tracert to where you see packet loss to? Last, can you post your modem's signal levels? I can give instructions once I know what you have.

Hugocarera
    New Contributor

I got the PW8, and it's all my area my neighbors experience the same problem in blocks around 

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

Darn, the Panoramic gateways don't show modem event logs in the gateway's user interface. If it is happening all around you I would suggest contacting Cox for a technician and tell your neighbors to do the same. The more appointments logged in the system for a area the quicker it will trigger a outage. If you do get a technician and they escalate it, make sure you get the ticket number.

Hugocarera
    New Contributor

Another outage same results, I had a playlist on and it can play more than 2 songs before it drops, I wonder if they are really  trying to fix something 

Becky

Hi Hugocarera, I'd like to take a look at what's happening with your connectivity. So I can assist you further, please email my team at Cox.help@cox.com. We'll get to the bottom of this for you!

Hugocarera
        New Contributor

Sure. I've been hearing that the last 3 weeks, my whole neighborhood is with bad internet, can keep the internet up for 5 minutes 

5 technicians, 3 modems, whole rewiring, endless support service calls 

what you guys can do different??, I don't want to be on the same circle for the next 3 weeks  I want to cancel my service  excuse it's not really working and I'm paying for nothing 

Tasrico
    New Contributor

If COX really wants to Address the issue, they would treat this as a priority, as there may be an outage that they are not aware of on there servers. They need to get information over to there Network Engineers as on my end, we can hop back to their servers let alone ping it.

tracert -d 93.182.1.143

Tracing route to 93.182.1.143 over a maximum of 30 hops

1     3 ms     1 ms     1 ms  192.168.0.1
      2    10 ms     9 ms     8 ms  10.126.120.1
      3    11 ms     9 ms     8 ms  100.125.184.44
      4    10 ms    11 ms    10 ms  100.122.125.86
      5    23 ms    22 ms    22 ms  68.1.5.134
      6    22 ms    21 ms    21 ms  62.115.14.38
      7     *        *        *     Request timed out.
      8    43 ms    44 ms    42 ms  62.115.116.215
      9    57 ms    56 ms    55 ms  62.115.125.129
     10    57 ms    56 ms    55 ms  62.115.136.200
     11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     12   140 ms   141 ms   139 ms  62.115.139.172
     13   160 ms   159 ms   160 ms  62.115.141.23
     14   159 ms   157 ms   158 ms  62.115.142.177
     15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     23     *        *
    PS C:\Users\RicoGamingPAD> ping www.cox.net -t

Pinging www.cox.net [98.182.1.143] with 32 bytes of data:
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 98.182.1.143:
        Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),
    Control-C
    PS C:\Users\RicoGamingPAD> ping 8.8.8.8

Pinging 8.8.8.8 with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=28ms TTL=59
    Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=22ms TTL=59

Ping statistics for 8.8.8.8:
        Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
        Minimum = 22ms, Maximum = 28ms, Average = 23ms

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

For better data, try pinging/tracing Cox.com instead of Cox.net. Cox.net has a firewall enabled on it.

ExtraChrispy
      Contributor III

Not sure about the problem you're seeing but I curious as to just what is hosted at that Russian IP address you're trying to trace to?

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

I've tried to post this twice and both were deleted.  I'll try one more time.

Contact cox.help@cox.com Provide your full name, service address and a link to this forum discussion.  Be sure to tell them a tech identified a mainline issue that's affecting Internet service in your neighborhood.  They will coordinate with field techs to get your connection issue fixed.

If you know your neighbors who are having the same issue, ask them to contact Cox too.  The more people who report an issue, the more likely Cox is to fix it. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The number of replies between the original post and first reply is 3 more than the actual number of replies displayed.  Apparently, my deleted posts and someone else's were included in the total..

Hugocarera
      New Contributor

I already did, call, email support, they  already intentify the problem on the main lane, I told my neighbors to call Cox and make a complain about this, 2 weeks since they identify that and no solution

Never had a problem with the service for years, now I honestly think they can't repair this issue, and they dont care about us the customers.

A whole month has passed, its really dissapointing 

ColleenD

Hi, Hugocarera 

We really do care. I am so sorry this seems to be taking so long. I was able to locate your emails to us and review them. I see techs were out last week and see the request for someone to call you with a timeline for the repair. 

If you have additional concerns, I recommend staying connected with us via email as our forums are intended for customers to discuss topics related to Cox service and our wonderful users here wouldn't have access to information specific to your account or area.

RAEshbaugh
    New Contributor

ours has been the same w unreliable services. We have filed an FCC complaint and they still can't figure it out....

Tasrico
      New Contributor

A Tech came out and I had him do a Signal Test, I was getting good Tx signal coming in, no abnormalities on the signal side, when we reconnected the router, I went directly in the router myself to do a few Troubleshooting, I Noticed, I could not view any Logs when doing a diagnostics, my immediate thought was replace the router, he went and got one of the paranomic router and came back, installed it and I ran a few test to verify the internet. It worked and now I was able to view system logs for any potential issues. Not sure if it's the same for you guys. I also, remove the firewall from my router and use my Cisco router as security so any traffic that gets to the Cox modem passes through and I don't have to think of congested network. 

LaToyaW

Hello,

I do apologize for the continued issues. If you are still having issues, please email your full name and complete address to cox.help@cox.com

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

I am not seeing any problems with your pings, they are getting all the way overseas before problems start, and that's outside Cox's control. 

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

Why is a trace to Cox.net going overseas? Is it outsourced too?