Forum Discussion

Danny_Cook
New Contributor
25 days ago

Internet Issue Years Later Still Happening

I have had cox's highest internet plan for as long as I can remember. I have had countless techs in my home including multiple maintenance escalation tickets called out for my issues. Still nothing changes. Every time I call to discuss the same issue, I get the same answers and have to fight to get escalated to a higher tier support so that someone understands what I am experiencing. I now chart all of my packet loss and am building a portfolio to seek legal action. I had the gigablast package which ran me $120.00 per month and can only use the internet efficiently approximately 35% of the time. As I am writing this post I have been incurring packet loss and disconnections for the past 3 hours. If a high tier cox tech would like to look into my account and see how many techs and issues I have had at my address, please do. I am going to keep posting all of my data graphs and information on the forums as calling and trying to get this settled is not working. All I can say is this has been an issue for years in my location and if I had the opportunity to switch providers, I would have left cox a long time ago. Please help!

Feels like the traffic in my area is too much for our node and needs to be upgraded.

6 Replies

• Hi Danny Cook. The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone and High-Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator

• This sounds like what everyone experiences with this company. It’s my exact experience. Nothing ever changes, we just don’t have another internet option so we’re stuck. Thanks a bunch, Cox. Most unreliable internet I’ve ever had. 

StephanieS

hayleyderek13

I'd be more than happy to help.  Please send an email to cox.help@cox.com and include your full name and address along with a link to this forums post.  Thanks!  

StephanieS

Cox Support Forums Moderator

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

I will be glad to help you determine the issue and point you in the right direction for assistance. 

1. What modem are you using?
    2. How are you tracking packet loss and to what site. Are you doing a simple end to end, or a trace route to ensure it's not an issue in between?
    3. Are you testing over WiFi or Ethernet?
    4. Can you access your modem and pull a set of modem levels?
    Danny_Cook
    New Contributor

I am using the panoramic modem that cox provides. In response to my email they set up an in home visit with a tech at 3pm again and of course that tech says that nothing is wrong with my internet. the issue really peaks at 8-9 pm. I would like to have a tap or some sort of monitor to show the amount of packet loss and disconnections I get after hours when the traffic is high. Cox, this issue is not resolved and I would like to aggressively ask for help again. I have wasted so much time with techs, forum posts, maintenance technicians, and phone calls. Please assign a high level technician to investigate this issue that has been constant for years. I HAVE NEIGHBORS WHO GET THE SAME EXACT CONNECTION ISSUES AT THE SAME EXACT SECONDS THAT I GET THEM. THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD AT NIGHT. I AM BEGGING TO PLEASE HELP WITH THIS ISSUE!

Allan

Hello. I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of this concern to cox.help@cox.com