Forum Discussion

ktokoro
New Contributor
2 months ago

Internet going down every day

Broken Arrow, OK 

For the last month, our internet has been going down at least twice a day every single day. Sometimes it's back in 5 minutes, other times it's been down for hours. This started not long after we upgraded our service. 

Been in chats/calls/ in person at our local center to ask what's going on and the most I got out of anyone was a big fat shrug, and was then told my bill would be comp'd for next month. Finally I got someone to tell me that Cox was doing work in the area - but that's about it. Nothing about if they're installing new equipment or Optic, or if someone was raiding the boxes for copper, or anything other than "working diligently to restore service". 

If there was work going to be done in the area, then there should have been a letter or something else letting us know, right?

I've had to work from home on and off and have had to leave my house to go to the local library in order to even be able to do my job - I work call center essentially, and had to do it from my car so I wouldn't disturb the guests in the library, but this is getting RIDICULOUS. It's bad enough that we're going to have to switch services because we're paying for a service we can't rely on at all from day to day.

3 Replies

ktokoro
    New Contributor

Also, no one can seem to give me an estimated date all this 'work' will be finished.

Shaun_A

Hello there. I am sorry for the service issues you are experiencing. We strive to ensure our service remains reliable and operates properly at all times for our customer's needs. When unplanned maintenance occurs in an area, it can be difficult to provide estimations of resolution, especially if the work is extensive. We do try to get the services up while work is being completed, so there is not a full span of time the service would be offline. We can try to take a look if there is anything different from what you have been told already. Can you send us an email to Cox.Help@cox.com with your full name and complete address? I would like to investigate this issue for you.

emasoodi
    New Contributor

Hey, I've been having the same issues. It also just completely goes to 5 MBPS when I'm paying for 500 MBPS. I wish they'd let me know of any issues but it seems like it's happening to alot of people.