Forum Discussion

dannysaber
New Contributor
3 years ago

Internet drops every day for a full minute at a time about 45+ times a day

Why does your 1 gig per second internet not work? Paying top dollar for a service we aren't receiving for more than half the day. I work 10+ hours a day and when I get home I expect this trash service that you say you're going to give to us to work. But it doesn't. Why am I paying for all the time that your service is down? In any other business, not giving what is paid for is called fraud. Why then can you guys practice fraud without prosecution? All over the internet (when it does work) all I see about cox is how shoddy the connection is and how often it drops. And when you do send representatives nothing ever changes. It's always constant drops and misconnection with you people. I might as well pay for 150 mbps from any other service. At least they wouldn't drop as often as you people do. Any chance I get I recommend against you guys to anyone who asks, and to even those who don't ask. This service is ridiculously poor.

4 Replies

• Your internet is trash try my internet it drops every day for six hours bc they're trying to find bad nodes in the system 

SharonL
      Former Moderator
      Hello Anthony,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your internet. The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone, and High-Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need someone to investigate your account personally. We would be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. Thank you.

Sharon
      Cox Support Forum Moderator

• Hi Dannysaber, I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your service. We would like to help get this issue fixed please Reach out to us privately with your account info including your full street address. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com and include the link to this forum thread.

GregP
    Cox Forum Moderator
    St8kout
    New Contributor III

I know from when I used to be on the "Neighbors" app, I remember some parts of my area had internet problems while others didn't. The app groups people within a certain distance from each other. I saw plenty of people within several miles from me complaining almost daily about outages, while mine has been mostly trouble free for years. To me it would seem to be a problem with the cables and junction boxes in those areas. Maybe they are old and/or damaged, or exposed to the elements while the ones in my area are underground. It shouldn't be hard for Cox to see a localized trouble spot and correct the problem, although like everything else, it comes down to economics.

On a side note, unless you're running a business and/or working from home, I really don't see the attraction of  'gigabyte internet.' But that's me. Netflix recommends only 25Mbps for 4k streaming, and as low as 5Mbps for regular HD streaming. The term "Speed" is misleading, as what you're really paying for is Bandwidth. The data flows at the same speed regardless of your Internet plan; the difference is how MUCH data flows per second through your cable, 25 Megabits per second, 50 Megabits per second, 1000 Megabits per second, and so on.