Forum Discussion

chynnakatt
New Contributor II
4 years ago

Internet Down

My internet has been down since Tuesday night at 9p, the outage message on the app said it would be fixed by 8:30p (before my internet even went down?!?!?!)  It is still down.  Every time I check, there will be a new eta for service, then that time passes and the update will give a new time of 2 hours past the previous time. This has happened over and over - c'mon.  Just stop with the games and the 2 hour intervals for it to be fixed.

This has been going on since Tuesday, it's now Friday.  WHEN will my service be restored???  This is ridiculous. 

15 Replies

• Hello, I can confirm that you are currently in an area wide outage at this time. It looks like there is an issue with commercial power at this time. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      chynnakatt
      New Contributor II

Will my bill be adjusted for these few days without service?

JonathanJ
        Former Moderator
        @Chynnakatt

Cox provides the Support Forums as a service to its customers to help them obtain technical support, exchange ideas, and get information relating to Cox products and services. Billing and account questions that require the sharing of personal information aren't suited for a public forum. For further assistance, please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address.
      DAF8
      New Contributor

Allan, the power has been restored to much of the area.  Maybe you can be more accurate as to when service will be restored and in what areas.

abscott
    New Contributor

We are dealing with the same issue. We even got a text saying it was resolved but as of 8:10pm on Friday.. still nothing. 

DAF8
    New Contributor

Totally agree that Cox is not being accurate or responsive with repairing their service. - It is now Saturday evening, the storm cleanup and power is restored but yet Cox service is not working for whole neighborhoods.  The ETA for the repair keeps getting revised to a new time one the current ETA expires.  I've seen four different times scheduled just in the past 24 hours.

SpiritCT
    New Contributor

We all know this outage exists and just want to know honestly when will it be repaired.  I'm required to work from home and haven't been able to do so.  I get lies from every individual or bot with whom I've had any contact.  This is crazy...

SpiritCT
      New Contributor

My TV and Phone are also out...is that the case for everyone else?

Ryan_Gall
    New Contributor

Same boat here... I've been without internet since Tuesday 4:15 P.M. I have now seen the estimated restoration time change literally over 15 times. I am tired of the games and lies. I've also not seen anyone working anywhere near me on this.

Ryan_Gall
      New Contributor

Still out... And now the alert has changed to say that internet speeds are slow due to COVID-19... The internet speeds are not slow, there is literally no connection, and there hasn't been for 5 days now!

Why is there a lack of communication? Why does the message keep changing? We just want answers.

quixotictif
        New Contributor

1-844-227-3943 Is the phone number to cancel service. It’s pretty much the only way to solve your problems with cox. 

quixotictif
    New Contributor

1-844-227-3943 is the phone number to cancel service. Free yourself of their worthless ineptitude. Spread the word and the phone number. Getting that phone number was like pulling teeth.