Forum Discussion

Bnk6891
New Contributor
10 months ago

Internet down for 6 days.

I've been without internet and cable since Monday, today they say they can get a tech here on Saturday! Unexcepptable! I have a strong signal, however,  they said they have done an upgrade in my area and have to have a tech come out to reconnect. I work from home, not how i wanted to spend an unexpected week off. 😩  I'll be looking elsewhere. Ridiculous! 

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Why would they disconnect you for a upgrade? Sounds like something else is going on. What model modem do you have? When you say your signal is strong, do you mean your modem's signal levels or router's wireless signal?

Bnk6891
      New Contributor

We had a power outage for 2 days. Cox has been out for 4 now, they told me they were doing an upgrade in my area. Im assuming everyone is having the same issue. But who knows. I recives twxts that everything is up and running, but i can not connect to anything,  not even cable TV. I've tried roubleshooting myself several times and twice with them over the phone . Nothing! They are now sendi g a tech out after several calls and much frustration. 

ChrisJ2

Hi, there. I'm so sorry for the issues you've had with us. If there's anything I can do, please email us the physical address and any other pertinent information to Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and a copy of this forum message.

Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

what do you mean you have a strong signal? Are you talking about your WiFi? if so, that means nothing, since that's a product of the router, not a cable signal. What kind of modem are you using? What are the indications on the modem, (IE the lights.) ?