Forum Discussion

0Mbpsfor80
New Contributor
10 months ago

Internet down every day and cable box

I’m fed up! I’ve been a Cox customer for 8+ years with cable and internet. I haven’t gone 1 month without connection issues in those 8 years. I had a cox tech out when I first moved in to my condo and re-ran the coaxle inside my condo living room. At the time I explained to cox that are condo was built in the late 70’s and I think the coaxle needs to be replaced from my condo all the way to the RG6 box on the side of our building. Through the years the internet would occasionally drop and require a reboot, but at the same time I would get tiling(bad pixelated picture) when watching my cable changes(specifically always hbo) which I pay extra for go figure. So, when you have both internet and cable issues simultaneously and constantly then it points to the coaxle cabling itself. Also, I have always had my modem/router wired with Ethernet cable and my tv/ps5 as well and doesn’t matter. Fast forward to the past 3 months and my service is so bad it’s basically unusable. My router /modem has to be reset every 5 mins and the connection still Bwont stay even with a full reset which then also only works for less than say 1/2 hour before the connection drops again. Furthermore, my cable box also feeezes where I turn it on and won’t respond to the remote or box for several minutes and then responds chaotically. Another words, I have an issue with the lines coming in as I stated to this stubborn money hungry company from day 1. I just had a tech out last week and guess what? he confirmed line ingress after testing. He said I would probably need to run new cable. I live in a condo and have no other options for internet at my address so this is quite ridiculous at this point. I’ve gotten permission from the condo to run new cable so long as it goes through existing penetrations. I got on chat with cox last night and explained everything saying I just need another tech here asap. Nope! More of the same reading a script pushing for upgrades and resets on equipment rather than actually listening to my problem that’s already been verified by an actual cox tech! I mean I’ve even had money previously taken off my bill over the years for the cable/hbo connection issues but now the internet is so bad…I’m coming here first to maybe poke the bear enough to get a proper response before ‘ I file a formal complaint with the FCC.  And to top this all off they tried to charge me for a tech visit? and a $20 reconnect fee when I payed my bill 1 day late(but never had a disconnect so why charge me for the process?  Cox knows I haven’t gone a single day without connection drops in the last 3 months because they can just look at my usage logs slowly going down due to me resorting to cell service. Not only does this connection issue need to be corrected but I need some compensation for lost service. 

• Hello, I am terribly sorry to hear about the line to your home not having been resolved yet. I'd like to help. When you have a moment, can you please email cox.help@cox.com with name, address, and link to forum thread. The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com