Forum Discussion

Dragoon985
New Contributor
2 years ago

Internet Cuts Out Once A Night

Over the past few weeks my internet will randomly cut out briefly once a night. Usually after I'm on the computer for an hour or so. Time doesn't really matter, but I do usually tend to see it around 3 AM, Arizona time. The disconnect is very brief, but it makes it impossible for me to stream online due to that random disconnect that continues to happen. I have Gigablast and I've already reset my router and modem. It is also a wired connection. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

10 Replies

_jmehh_
    New Contributor

Same thing happens for me as well in Vegas same time. Would love to know what's going on...

beep
      New Contributor II

Same here, Vegas market.  Both my residential and business lines go offline at the same time.  My HOA’s Facebook group has 10 others reporting the same thing yet Cox is refusing to take any responsibility.

I grow sick of their support, absolutely pathetic.  They blamed my modem, my computer, my god *** life, everything except their ***.  They want $75 to look into it and offered me Cox Assist subscription or something.

I just ordered 2 Starlink nodes to replace my cox residential and business internet.  I hope my neighbors do the same.  We have 900 in this development and them suggesting it’s us when many of those 900 all flake out simultaneously is ridiculous.  They’ve been doing massive fiber runs and node splits but refuse to acknowledge that it might be related.

Tucson456
    New Contributor

My cable randomly shuts down. Tech support goes around in circles, saying the cable box isn't connected, then they say it is, then say it isn't. Getting competent help is impossible. 

Darkatt
      Valued Contributor III

It could be there is a signal issue getting to the box, so sometimes they can see it and sometimes they can't. Verify all connections, the cable that goes from the wall to the box, swap it out, if you have splitters that you can get to, swap them as well. If that doesn't help, a service call may be in order. I hope however I have answer why they sometimes see the box, and sometime they cannot. 

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like maintenance. It is done around that time. Do your signal levels change?

rsanet
      New Contributor

I thought that might be the issue.  I've done a "live chat" over the internet with an agent and also spoke to a technician in person face to face -- neither seemed to be aware of this and whether it could be the cause.  I am an early riser and never had this happen in the past (ie before a few weeks ago). I do know our TV "re-boots" every morning, so maintenance makes sense.  We have had a "crack" in the fiber optics twice this year -- someone is coming tomorrow to check again.  Hopefully we can get some answers.  Thank you for your suggestion.

rsanet
    New Contributor

mine also - approx 3 am every day for a few minutes for the last few weeks

• had the same thing for a year at the place i recently moved out of. 3 am was the magic number for me too

bayoudreaming1
      New Contributor

my entire experience with the internet at this place was strange and inconsistent tho. and i constantly had strange events. there was even a time my alexa devices had peeople from another country connected to them

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor
        there was even a time my alexa devices had peeople from another country connected to them

Do you use MoCA by any chance? If so, check if you have a MoCA or POE filter at the demarc. Otherwise you could be sharing your network with your neighbors.