Forum Discussion

mypayan
New Contributor
10 months ago

How to escalate an issue?

Any recommendations on how to escalate an issue. Since September  I've been having outages 3 techs have come out and they've said it's an issue in our alley. Each tech says they can't handle the issue that it needs to go to a team and I will be contacted.  Now 2 months later I keep having my signal drop daily several times a day. I was even proactive replaced the modem  wasn't the issue. Went to the store to try to escalate the issue and still no one has ever contacted us about coming to check the alley wiring. At this point feeling defeated. 

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello.

I'm so sorry this has been your experience. We have a clear path for issues like this, and a ticket is usually put in place for our field team. When you have a moment, please email us at cox.helpCox.com with the issue and your full name and complete address.

mypayan
      New Contributor

Do you know how long it takes to hear back from them once you email them. 

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

It's been my experience that someone from the Cox Social Media team at cox.help@cox.com will respond to an email the same day, usually very quickly.  Follow up with another email.  Include your full name, service address and a link to this discussion.  

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Eliminating a signal issue starts with a tech visit that identifies the source of the signal issue.  If it was found to be on your side of the demarc, the tech could have repaired it at your expense.  If it was from the tap to the demarc, the tech should have repaired or replaced it.  If the issue was on the main line side of the tap, the tech should have escalated the issue for a line tech visit to repair the signal issue.   If techs have already identified a main line signal issue, they should have escalated the issue.  Your best course of action now would be to contact cox.help@cox.com.  Include a full description of what's been done to date along with your full name, service address and a link to this forum discussion.    

Edit: LaToyaW posted while I was typing.  So, do what she suggested.