Forum Discussion

Harshan
New Contributor
6 years ago

How does one go about waiting backwards for Gigablast?

Cox told me that Gigablast was coming to my neighborhood by the end of 2016! Woohoo! I'm so excited, but I don't know how to wait backwards. Every time I call or text support, talk to a Cox representative at a retail store,  or ask a Cox technician sitting in his truck in my neighborhood, they say it will be available in 2-3 months. Apparently no one knows. Someone at Cox gave me a special telephone number to call, but the person who answered alleged that Gigablast is coming to my neighborhood in 2-3 months. That was six months ago.

I'm getting the idea that GIgablast doesn't exist, but I have to give Cox the benefit of the doubt. I live in a relatively densely populated suburb of an obscure small town called "Washington DC metropolitan area." In my county, a family of four with an annual income below $80,000 is living in poverty!  So I understand, it must be hard for Cox to cover my area. There are too many potential customers with too much disposable income, perhaps.

Meanwhile, my next-door neighbors have gigabit internet with Verizon. I have been volunteering to pay Cox more money for the last two and half years. I don't get it. 

This is my only complaint about Cox. I'm a loyal customer. I'm not going to switch, but my questions are: Does Gigablast really exist? and How do I wait backwards for it?