Forum Discussion

SueJohnson
New Contributor II
2 years ago

How do I stop cox support notifications

I have unsubscribed 3 times and this doesn't stop them. I have unchecked all notifications on this website. Nothing works I still get them.

87 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Well, I remember the link "debate" differently as well.

On this post, I credited the OP for correctly unsubscribing.  To me, she's intelligent until proven clueless.

Take it or leave it.  The next time a user gets spam-bubbled, I'll inquire how the OP unsubscribed as well as their preference to upload "images."

What do you offer?

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

There is no plan until you seal it.  What do you offer?

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

I tested the two ways discussed to prevent unwanted Forum notifications.

Option 1 It took five clicks to Leave a Forum group.  When finished, I had been unsubscribed from notifications, but I couldn't post images.

I re-joined the group and was automatically subscribed to notifications again.

Option 2 I clicked Turn Reply notifications off in the lower right of the Forum home page (TV Forum, Internet, Phone, Apps).  I had been unsubscribed from notifications, but could stil post images.  It only took one click and I'll never need to do it again.

Option 1 Requires five clicks. Unwanted notifications are prevented but the ability to post images is lost.  Posting an image in that Forum would require five clicks to re-join the group.  While posting the image, unwanted notifications can occur.  Five more clicks would be required to Leave the group again.

A notification subscription is automatically subscribed as part of the process to Join a group. The notification subscription is automatically unsubscribed in the process to Leave a group.

Option 2 Requires one click. Unwanted notifications are prevented and images can still be posted.

You don't have the option to bypass the automated, notification subscription process during a group Join.  But the automated, notification unsubscribe process performed during a group Leave can more easily be done by manually clicking the Turn Reply notifications off link on each Forum home page.  This will also avoid disabling the ability to paste images.

Leaving a group to prevent notifications requires an extra four clicks to run an automated script that runs the actual process you want to run (unsubscribe) and another process you don't want to run (remove entry in a table required to paste images).  The same unsubscribe process started by the automated script can be started manually by clicking the link on each home page. That's a couple of reasons why leaving the group to prevent notifications isn't a good idea.  

Having the ability to post images doesn't mean it has to be used.  Most users never will.  But not having the ability means they can't, should they ever want to.

Unwanted notifications can be prevented without leaving a Forum group, going to "Settings" or ever having to hear about "Unsubscribe" again. 

The stock reply when OP posts they're unable to stop notifications should be something like:

Click the forum name at the top of this page that's receiving notifications.

(TV Forum, Internet, Phone, Apps).

Then click Turn Reply notifications off in the lower right of the page.

This only needs to be done one time for each forum that's receiving notifications.