Forum Discussion

AmericanIcon
New Contributor
4 years ago

How Do I Contact Cox?

My internet connection goes out regularly for up to 5 minutes at a time 2 or 3 times an hour.  My email won't send to half the addresses.  My set-top box will neither record nor erase, and keeps flashing a blue box informing me there's no signal on channels I regularly watch - when it's not freezing sound and picture for 2-3 seconds at a time.  The 'chat' feature has apparently been disabled, and I don't have the time to sit on hold for a half-hour at a time to get someone with a nodding acquaintance with English and less than that with anything not covered in his beginner's tech support manual...and the nearest Cox store is a 3 hour round trip buy bus (when they're running) or a $25 round trip by cab (plus waiting time for one to show up)....and they expect me to pay full price for this 'service'?

jazon
    New Contributor III

Good luck to you,i have chatted in after dodging there bot,you always have to start at square one every time you call and they ignore 90% of what you try and tell them,calling in is no better the people they are hiring seem to have 0 knowledge about there service and just read everything off scripts ignoring whatever you say,and it always ends up with them trying to sell you a $10 a month service plan for tech support,you should not have to pay them for support for a service you already pay a premium for.