Forum Discussion

Jakey399
Visitor
16 hours ago

Having to restart the gateway from Cox

I recently signed up with Cox Cable Internet since I'm working from home a lot more and needed some higher speeds than DSL.  Since I've had it, which has only been a week, I have had to restart the gateway almost every day due to having abysmal speeds.  I am signed up for the 250mps plan and was getting 10% or less of the speeds.  One day I had to restart it several times which really affects my work productivity if I have to keep restarting.  I tried talking with a rep and was literally walked through the exact same thing I told them that I did (restarting the gateway several times).  I will say once the gateway is rebooted, the speeds come back, but I feel like it's only a matter of time before I have to reboot again.  Thankfully I have a long ethernet if needed that I can hard wire in to my work station here at home (which I have and had no issues).  Anyone else run into this?  It's upsetting since it's so pricey; I would like for it to be way more stable :( 

• Hi Jakey399,

I apologize you are having trouble with our service. Please contact us privately. Our email address is cox.help@cox.com Please include your name full street address and a link to your forum post. 

Greg