Forum Discussion

CajunTigers
New Contributor
4 years ago

Gigabast service with a Panoramic Modem speeds are not even close to expected

I upgraded my 150Mbps service up to the Gigablast service along with upgrading my modem to the Panoramic modem provided by cox.  My speeds are only getting about 360 Mbps and the transfer rates fluctuate a lot during the speed tests.  Any idea how I should go about troubleshooting this issue?  I have used the "reboot the modem" feature inside the cox wifi app.  Same slow speeds results.  And I only have a single laptop hardlined into the modem.  Really disappointed with my "upgrade".

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    MaryF
    Former Moderator
    Hi CajunTigers,

Your modem levels are in the normal range. We pinged your modem several times and it's not reporting any packet loss. Please ensure that all connections are tight and secure. Are you seeing the slow speeds on more than one wired device?

Mary
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      CajunTigers
      New Contributor

I am seeing slow speeds while hardlined into the panoramic gateway with no other devices connected (I did verify no wifi devices connected as well).  Im using a windows 10 laptop that has been scanned for malware using malwarebytes and speed tested on the cox speedtest website using baton rouge and new orleans servers.  I also chatted with cox supprt and they performed a reboot, reset, and then said they would need to send out a technician then disconnected my chat before the technician call out was scheduled.  so now i have to start that process all over again.  Cox support is tanking badly and getting as bad as at&t support.

MaryF
        Former Moderator
        Hi CajunTigers,

Thanks for sharing details of your set up. We show that an appointment has been set up and you should have received an email of your service appointment confirmation. The technician will be able to do further testing on the line and work towards a resolution.

Mary
        Cox Support Forums Moderator
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Explain how you're doing speed tests:  wired, wireless, through router, directly connected to modem, etc.