Forum Discussion

jsbriner
New Contributor
2 months ago

Frequent Outages in AZ

For the past year I've been feeling like there have been way too many outages for the amount I'm paying a month for internet.  So starting this calendar year I've been keeping track of the outages.  So far in my area we've been down for 1/17, 3/11, 3/13, and 3/20.  All for an estimated 6 hours per outage.  On 1/17 I did talk to a live-agent who said that that outage was due to repairs that would help prevent unexpected outages.  I've started to ask for live-agents every time so I can at least get some credit back to reduce my bill.  Should I start looking for a different provider? 

Usually I'd be fine being disconnected for a little bit to read a book or go out to a cafe to study but I do live with 4 other people who are gamers, or work from home.  Any help Cox?

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • jsbriner 

I can totally relate to your concerns. My family relies on the internet to work and school remotely so I understand the importance of being reliably connected. I don't want to see you go and I'd like to help. Please know the purpose of the Cox community forums is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox services with other customers and we encourage our users to assist each other where possible via this avenue. Billing and account issues require the sharing of sensitive information to resolve which isn't best suited for a public forum. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name, complete street address, the details of your concern and a link to this post.  Because this post falls outside of the purpose of our forums I will be turning off replies to this thread. We look forward to receiving your email so that we may assist you.