Forum Discussion

croken
New Contributor
5 years ago

Evening throttling down?

I'm seeing my bandwidth consistently slowed in the evenings, like clockwork, with the same amount of devices on my network, and typical activity.  The download speed for my gaming systems is cut in half.  During the day, they show fine.  In the evening, as if on a schedule, their download speeds are cut by 50% or more.  I'm paying for a premium package, and expect consistent service.

13 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Zurq
    Contributor II

I'm getting packetloss at 9pm everynight, it is node oversaturation, cox's nodes are not capable of having 800 people on one node, they told me that they have plans to split the node to ease congestion, i don't know how true it is.

croken
      New Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  Did they give an ETA on when they would do something like that?  And what area is that in reference too.  I myself live the Roanoke area.

croken
      New Contributor

Yeah, and I don't get a discount when it doesn't work.  Ewwwwww

membrane
    New Contributor II

We have Cox gigabit.  My speeds go from 800+Mb to under 50mb EVERY NIGHT at 8pm like clockwork.  Have contacted Cox multiple time with the same runaround each time.  Crew came out and replaced the line from the street with no improvement.  Speeds go back to near normal after midnight. I'm beyond pissed at this point as I'm paying for a premium service and I cannot even stream video without constant buffering.after 8pm.

MichaelJ
      Membrane, I apologize for the inconvenience, however, the forum's members will not be able to assist you with this issue. For assistance, please contact us through Facebook messaging, Twitter @coxhelp, email: cox.help@cox.com, or by contacting us via Live Chat on our website: www.cox.com/.../contactus.html Scroll down to and click on Let's chat to initiate a chat session. You may also call us on our toll-free number: 1-800-234-3993, Tech Support is available 24/7.

Thank you,

Mike J.
      Cox Support Forums Moderator
        membrane
        New Contributor II

How many days in a row do I need to contact them and get the same answer?  The chat techs have no clue whats going on.

• Croken, I am sorry to hear about the speed issues you are experiencing at night. The forum member cannot assist you with this issue. For assistance, please contact us through Facebook messaging, Twitter @coxhelp, email: cox.help@cox.com, or by contacting us via Live Chat on our website: www.cox.com/.../contactus.html Scroll down to and click on Let's chat to initiate a chat session. You may also call us on our Toll-free number: 1-800-234-3993, Tech Support is available 24/7.

Thank you,

Mike J.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      croken
      New Contributor

Thank you for the reply.  I will try to contact via email.  

croken
    New Contributor

Wow....tried emailing....a fat lotta good that did.  I'm complaining about an issue centering around timing, in the evenings...very clearly.  They get my email first thing in the morning...and then what do they do?  They proceed to test my connection.....at 9:30 AM in the morning, and tell me it's fine.  My complaint says my connection is fine all day.  It only goes to ** from 8:00 PM - 11:30 PM (estimated) every evening.  This is not an issue in my house.  This is an issue on Cox's network.

BrianM
      Send us an email around the time that it is happening. We are not able to sit and monitor a specific customer's connection at a specified time.

Brian
      Cox Support Forum Moderator