Forum Discussion

Apollo
New Contributor
2 years ago

email

My Email does not load or is extremely slow I have 3 other mail accounts that work fine

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

Are you using webmail or a mail client. Are the other 3 accounts Cox email accounts or something else?

• I agree.  I am using my gmail account for (2) cox email (1) hosted email (1) gmail email address.  Everything other than COX is instant.  COX takes an insane amount of time over an hour at times.  Makes things very complicated trying to reset passwords on bank accounts that have the email time out in 20 minutes.  Very frustrating and something I wish they would fix.

Darkatt
      Honored Contributor

If you are using GMAIL to get your COX email, then it's 1, going to be slow, due to the way GMAIL picks up emails, and 2, will cause you account to drop after 60-90 days, because it accesses the email differently than a regular client, and Cox doesn't see it as activity. IF you have cox delivering email to gmail, same thing, it's not going to be as fast, and again, since a mail client isn't accessing the Cox system, it's going to act as if there s no activity and the account will time out and shut down.