Forum Discussion

labguy4
New Contributor
5 months ago

Downstream channels won't all lock

In the last month I've had the problem where downstream channels 2-10 (out of 16) won't lock. Nothing has changed in the inside wiring and I made sure everything was still connected tight. No storms or anything else to mess up the wire from the pole. I've noticed the locked channels are all around 381 MHz, while the channels that don't lock are around 800 MHz. The modem is a Motorola 7550. Re-setting/unplugging the modem doesn't help. I used the Customer Service chat and they re-set the modem and said it looked fine on their end. Any ideas why it would suddenly be doing this?

3 Replies

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Your signal levels look low overall. I know you said nothing has changed inside, but can you describe how the coaxial gets from the street to the room the modem is in? Splitters/amp? If direct, call or email Cox for a technician. Probably noise on those frequencies. 

labguy4
      New Contributor

Basically, line from the pole to the house, connected to a short run of cable that goes through the wall and then connected directly to the cable that runs to the living room where the modem is. There had been a splitter originally, but I removed it a long time ago. It's been really solid until just recently.

LisaH

Hi labguy4. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally.  Please reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator