Forum Discussion

danielhammar
New Contributor II
3 months ago

Don't want Yahoo!!!

If you are like me, you are very angry about being shoved over to Yahoo. We pay Cox for the security of unique e-mail address. There is no justified reason for this move. If I had wanted a Yahoo account I would have signed up with Yahoo! Tell Cox you don't want this forced move. 

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello Danielhammer,

To ensure the best email experience possible for our customers, we have decided to transition the email service and support of your cox.net email to Yahoo Mail. This transition lets you keep your unique email address, messages, folders, calendar, and contacts. Yahoo Mail will continue to offer the advanced support and enhanced protection for your email. I understand that change can be hard. We will work with Yahoo to provide a seamless transition for our cox.net email customers.

danielhammar
      New Contributor II

I do not trust Yahoo, I do not want anything to do with Yahoo! I pay Cox for a service and now Cox is selling our to Yahoo!! There is no justification for this forced move!!!

KenKK
      Contributor

What status will we have with Yahoo?  Will it only be at their "Free" status or will we be able

to forward our cox address mail or to other servers like Gmail.   For example in addition

to mail going to the COX server I also have it forward to GMAIL simply by configuring it this way on the COX Webmail site.

I would like to continue that.  Yahoo indicates you need to have their next level pay for plan

to have this basic feature included with the COX email plan.    Could you look into this as well as any other features we might lose with the conversion.

Thank you,

K

zombibrd
    New Contributor

I agree... I was stunned by the notification. Yahoo and Gmail are nice, free, scamridden, easily hacked email providers. If you are running a business or doing anything serious nothing spells unprofessional more than  an @ yahoo.com email.  I think I have two options. get a website and run your emails from there or use somebody like proton for your emails It means losing the Cox.net but that is going to happen anyway   sigh