Forum Discussion

WWalkerinNWA
New Contributor II
4 years ago

Does Cox not have live "heartbeat" data for their App/service?

Internet has been down for 5+ hours here, but when I call tech support, they are surprised by the fact and don't know what to do. I called in earlier, and the call rep. Said they would call me back but never did. Then the next time I called, the rep went "to check on something then hung up.

The Cox App is useless for down service reporting, not even pulling from live data. Why not???

5 Replies

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @WWalkerinNWA

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. The last area outage was resolved today around 12:45 pm. I've checked the surrounding area and not showing any issues. Currently, your modem is offline not getting a signal with that being said it hards to say if the issue with the modem or not getting a signal. Please try unplugging the modem power cord and unscrewing allow ends of the coax cable, check for any kinks. Reseat the coax cable hand tight power the modem up and see if it comes back online. Also, if you have another outlet you can try that. you can view outages and sign up to receive alerts on www.cox.com/.../outages.html.

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator
      WWalkerinNWA
      New Contributor II

??? Clicked your link? I'm stuck using att phone...

WWalkerinNWA
      New Contributor II

We have 6 inches of snow on the ground. Without heartbeat data, how do you know there are no issues? This is what downdetector app is showing. My modem is fine. There just isn't a pathway to talk to your network.

BenS1
        Former Moderator
        @WWalkerinNWA

I just checked the network and there are no outages in your area at the moment. I also checked the street level and you are the only one on your street that is out. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com and we can set up a technician visit.

Ben S.
        Cox Support Forums Moderator