Forum Discussion

pnfourfour
New Contributor
5 years ago

Dishonest Billing Right from the Start

On December 10th, 2019, I set up a plan under the Preferred 150 internet service with Cox. The plan for the internet was going to be 12 months at $49.99, plus $10.99 for the Gateway. While I was finalizing the plan, I was put on hold and the call disconnected. When I called back, I was connected to a different representative who finalized the plan for me.

Shortly after that, I got a confirmation email reaffirming the plan of $49.99 plus $10.99 a month (which I have in writing). However, when I saw my first bill on December 15th, I noticed that I am being charged $59.99 per month plus the $10.99 for the gateway, so the internet service itself went up by ten dollars. I’m suspecting that the price was different because I had gotten cut off of the original call and someone else finalized the sale.

On December 18th, 2019, I contacted an agent on the chat feature on Cox’s website thinking this would be a quick fix. This person was very unhelpful After sitting with that person for over an hour, she told me that I would have to contact the loyalty department.

On December 19th, 2019, I contacted the loyalty department and explained all of this. That person connected me to the sales department to see if they could fix the issue. Sales could not fix the issue, so they bounced me back to the loyalty department. When I talked to the third person in the loyalty department, she said she would have to send this problem to the back office and that someone would contact me within 48 hours.

On December 27th, 2019, I still had not heard a response, so I contacted the loyalty department again. After much discussion, the representative said that the back office had denied the claim from December 19th. I asked to speak to her supervisor, Joe, who reaffirmed that the back office denied the claim and offered me a $20 coupon for my first month's bill. Furthermore, he insisted that there was no one else I could talk to about this issue to try and resolve it.

It is completely unprofessional to have offered me a rate of one price, only to change the price just five days later. I do not believe any of the representatives when they tell me that the price cannot be changed. It got changed once, it can be changed again. Either I was lied to when I originally set up the service, or these representatives are lying to me. Either way, Cox is being dishonest.

This is entirely unacceptable.

1 Reply

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hello, Please accept our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience, and please reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com for additional support. The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox High-Speed Internet services with other customers. This post has been locked. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator