Forum Discussion

sixcampbells321
New Contributor
2 days ago

Disappointing service Cox.

I really hate to roast Cox but I haven’t been able to get an answer on what I consider inexcusably poor service in Queen Creek Arizona.  I pay nearly $180 per month for gigabit internet and for the last several months we see drops and pauses in our internet service several times per day.  I would say 5-15 times per day.  We both work from home and it’s not ok to not have reliable internet for our work, zoom and teams calls.  Yet I really don’t have an alternative that has the speed we need.   Very frustrating.  

• I live in Queen Creek AZ and Cox internet is frequently down. My service has been down all day…I am self employed, work from home and I the poor connection is costing me thousands of dollars in lost productivity each month

sixcampbells321
      New Contributor

Totally feel for you Doug.  I am now emailing with a live person from Cox - thanks Dustin- and even got a small credit on my account but COME ON!  That does not solve anything.  How is this acceptable?  I have been up and down all day.  Working is an unpredictable disaster.  I know Queen Creek is growing crazily fast and infrastructure needs to expanded but does it really require this much disruption.  If I had another gigabit option for Internet I’d be gone and would never look back.  Cox you can do better!

Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

Are you using wired, or wireless? Fiber or Coax? What do the lights on the Modem, or ONT show during one of the data pauses?

• If someone at Cox wants to help me or can at least pretend to care about impacting the livelihood of its customers I am all ears.  Yesterday’s outage lasted from early morning to 3pm.  Unacceptable!  Today I get up and YES another outage.  Here we go again and another day of my work being severely impacted.  

• sixcampbells321, I am sorry you're having issues with your service. We want to help. Please send us an email to Cox.Help@Cox.Com with your full name, address and link to this forum. 

sixcampbells321
      New Contributor

I successfully sent the email to Cox.  Let’s see what happens.

Brett

sixcampbells321
      New Contributor

Well I don’t have internet so it would be hard to do that wouldn’t it?  Feel free to assist and do it for me?  [Edited] in Queen Creek, Arizona.  I am sure you can find me in your massive database of people.