Forum Discussion

coxistheworst69
New Contributor
18 days ago

Data caps aren't fair.

I signed up for Cox back when they didn't have data caps on accounts. Paying for unlimited data didn't exist. Then I got forced into a data cap by paying my bill. Forcing me to agree to terms and conditions when I pay my bill should be illegal. So if I don't pay my bill because I don't agree to the monopoly ISP in my town I won't have Internet. Tell me how this makes sense. 

I have no choice but Cox as an ISP. They force me to agree to their terms. Cox's website says I have no current contract with them. I didn't agree to this. 

All I did was call customer support and tell them how unfair this was. Bam, they offered me free unlimited data for 24 months. Just because Cox is seeing more cost because of streaming doesn't mean you get to pass the problem to the customer. We are paying for their short comings. If you can't provide internet to 7% of the USA without issues you shouldn't be an ISP. 

I recommend everyone call in to customer service and voice your opinion. Not everyone has this data cap problem, so it may not seam relevant to you. 

It's also funny I can add a "bandwidth allowance" tag to this post. Like internet is an allowance. Lol. The United Nations General Assembly classifies internet as a basic human right, not an allowance.