Forum Discussion

dondino
New Contributor
2 years ago

Cox Security Suite for Mac

I cannot get this installed on my Mac.  It keeps telling me the serial number I entered (which is provided by COX) has already been used.  Did this with a dozen serial numbers (each time COX generates a new one) and have tried entering random letters/numbers, same results.  Cox support is worthless, they wanted to try to charge me $10 for the advanced support to get this installed!  This has been going on for MONTHS.  At one point Cox directed me to contact McAfee, which I did and they told me COX has to help me, they have a dedicated team, blah blah.  Anyone have any advice?

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
      dondino
      New Contributor

Thanks.  That's the direction I'm leaning.  It's just annoying as hell that they provide this product for me to use but due to their incompetence, I have to go buy something else.

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor
        I have to go buy something else

You don't have to buy anything. there are lots of free option. There was a time when Macs didn't need anti virus. How times have changed.

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

The reason Cox Support is useless, is Mcafee is supported by Mcafee. Cox can provide BASIC support, but this is something on Mcafee's end, Not Cox's. You are angry at the wrong group. 

dondino
      New Contributor

Read my entire post.  I contacted McAfee on multiple occasions and they insist they can do nothing about it and I have to get support from Cox.

Darkatt
        Valued Contributor III

Cox, has to escalate you to a special number they have for Mcafee advanced technical support.