Forum Discussion

DLabit29
Contributor
5 years ago

Cox Plant issues?

when customer support refers to "an issue at the plant", what does this mean exactly?

Is there many plants across my state, or 1 main plant in the country or state?

And how likely is it that work is even being done?

I'm fed up with the issues 

Zurq
    Contributor II

If it is a plant issue, you are not the only person going to be affected, so with that being said they have no choice but to address it and fix it.

Dave9
    Contributor III

It's very likely that work is being done. The cable network is very complex and requires more maintenance than a fiber or copper network. Sometimes things go wrong and need to be fixed. That's why it's important to report issues when they occur so they can get in the pipeline for repair.

DLabit29
      Contributor

Just to clarify...ive been having these issues for years. Its only now that covid is around and everyone being online contesting networks that has made my intenet just complete garbage.

But on this particular topic, they've been saying this same thing for a few weeks now.

The last time they came and tested my ljnes at the street, they detected jitter and alot of noise in the lines, thus provoking the senior tech on my case to call it in for a fix. This would take weeks and weeks to resolve?

Dave9
        Contributor III

Follow up and ask for a status on the case. But yes, it could take weeks depending on the source of the noise. Not a fun situation to be in, but keep on them until they track it down.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

To me, that's a very good update for your issue.  The "plant" is a network infrastructure.  It's circuits, nodes, gateways, headends, etc.  Just as the Internet in general, the Cox network is a network of networks connected with long-haul circuits.

"Plant" is just a metonym for the Cox network.

DLabit29
      Contributor

Just to clarify...ive been having these issues for years. Its only now that covid is around and everyone being online contesting networks that has made my intenet just complete garbage.

But on this particular topic, they've been saying this same thing for a few weeks now.

The last time they came and tested my ljnes at the street, they detected jitter and alot of noise in the lines, thus provoking the senior tech on my case to call it in for a fix. This would take weeks and weeks to resolve?