Forum Discussion

vegasbusiness
New Contributor
8 days ago

cox panoramic router eating data for security updates

I've researched this thoroughly and the Panoramic WiFi router that Cox provides eats 7 to 8GB per day just doing its own security updates. That calculates to 240GB per month and is the typical amount most users are going over their data plans. So, Cox is eating the data up with their own security and charging the customer for it. Call them to fix this if you've been billed for data overage!

• Hi vegasbusiness 
    I understand your concern about data usage, but your Panoramic Wifi Modem should not use 7 to 8 GB daily for security updates. I see you tweeted at us on Twitter/X and Chris replied to you there requesting you DM us. Would you prefer to work together there to get to the bottom of your usage concerns?

Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

I seriously doubt that the modem is using 8gb a day for security updates. Even my computer uses far less than that. I think your calculations are a bit off. 

• vegasbusiness I just wanted to follow up with you because though you didn't respond to us on either platform when assistance was offered, I wanted to take action to correct any discrepancies, should there be any. I was able to locate your account using your forums credentials and opened an investigation into your usage at the time of my previous reply. I see Chris shared the findings that your usage was valid via DM on Twitter/X, as well as provided resources to help you gain control of your usage. Thank you for the opportunity to look into your concerns and for being a Cox customer.