Forum Discussion

JSumm3990
New Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

Cox increased the price of my plan as well as the speeds that came with my plan without informing me.

Cox randomly increased the cost and price of my plan without informing me and are now insisting that I pay the higher amount.

• Prices tend to go up, WITH notice. If however you, like myself, was on a 1 year plan, after that year is up, you will go back to the normal pricing. As for increasing your speeds, what speed were you on, and what are you on now? If you were on 300 and now at 500, well that took place a year or 2 ago, and there was no change in pricing. It's not recent. If you are on preferred, the speed increased from 150 to 250, again, there was no increase in pricing. How about some specifics, so we can help point you to the best solution. That or call and ask to speak to someone in sales or retention, and see what they can do for you. 

13 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

Prices tend to go up, WITH notice. If however you, like myself, was on a 1 year plan, after that year is up, you will go back to the normal pricing. As for increasing your speeds, what speed were you on, and what are you on now? If you were on 300 and now at 500, well that took place a year or 2 ago, and there was no change in pricing. It's not recent. If you are on preferred, the speed increased from 150 to 250, again, there was no increase in pricing. How about some specifics, so we can help point you to the best solution. That or call and ask to speak to someone in sales or retention, and see what they can do for you. 

JSumm3990
      New Contributor

I did this and they set it right and it was basically the scenario you defined.

Darkatt
        Valued Contributor III

Good deal, glad it's squared away for you!

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

It's good the OP is getting a lower price for a higher plan, and Cox is keeping your cost the same.

However, something to research is the adjusted price of the previous plan?  If OP previously had the 300/30 plan and Cox lowered its upload from 30 to 10, I can only assume Cox had lowered the price of the "new" 300/10 plan.  It'd be the same from 150 to 250.

Might save a few bucks by returning to the previous plan, albeit at 10 Mbps but the 500 plan is also 10 Mbps.

Darkatt
      Valued Contributor III

The plan went from 300/30, to 500/10. So if they were to adjust the price for downgrading from 30 to 10, then the adjustment from 300 - 500 would increase the price back to where it was, if not more. There was never a 300/10 plan. 

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III
        The plan went from 300/30, to 500/10.

If this transition from 300/30 to 500/10 "took place a year or 2 ago," the 300/30 plan is still on their website even after Cox recently adding the 2 Gig Package a few months ago.  Cox knows its out there.

the adjustment from 300 - 500 would increase the price

This would be correct because it would even out:  lower up but higher down.  However, Cox would not increase the "transitioning" price because they'd lose money.  If Cox increased my cost by forcing me onto a higher plan, I'd just lower my plan to the 250.  Its down would be 50 Mbps lower but the up would be the same.  It's money sense.

There was never a 300/10 plan. 

Correct.  There was never a 300/10 plan; however, Cox did offered it as an optional plan for subscribers wanting to remain at 300 down but with its now lowered 10 up.  According to Tiffany, "Those that met the requirements were able to opt in to keep the 300 Mbps down and 10 Mbps up."  It was never a structured plan, but it was an optional plan.

forums.cox.com/.../128001