Forum Discussion

bm
New Contributor
2 days ago

Cox Gigablast over copper

Hello all ive had cox Gigablast for like 7 years now over copper wire even though they pulled fiber past my backyard before i got gigablast service  apparently they claim licensing issues with my local city government. i ve had sporadic svc issue off and on throughout the whole time. Now 2 weeks ago cox took the internet svc down for a 6 hour unannounced maintenance period. Since that maintenance period my svc locks up and i get kicked off line any where between 2 -5 times an hour. When i first reported this to telephone support they did the let me reboot your modem because when the incident happened on my end i actually had to unplug and replug  the modem. then they tried to get me to go to panoramic wifi which i dont need as i have an asus wireless router that is 802.11ac. they then statyed that my arris emta T3402a modem was outdated. It is the modem ive been renting from cox since 2017. When i logged into the modem i found that all of my disconnects happened when it failed a time sync connection.  I then went to the Cox store and got a new TM3402a modem. Now the ne2w modem keeps kicking me offlone even thought it stays connected.  It now shows errors of changing profiles US profile assignment change. US Chan ID: 6; Previous Profile: 12; New Profile and now also time sync failures. heren is a shot of my channel info

As far as i know the 6dBmV difference and the high uncorrectables vs corrected indicates line errors of signal issues. I have tried to get a tech out but it seems cox always says they see no problem when the tech call center in manila runs there test. Anybody else have theese issues

7 Replies

• Hi bm,

I'm sorry you've been having this experience. Looking at your log, I'm in agreement. SNR and all is looking fine, but those errors and slight power adjustments need to be looked into. I would advise the basics like checking to ensure the connections are tight and bypassing any visible splitters between the modem and cable outlet. If you've already completed those steps, I would recommend a tech visit. If you would like to arrange that or need further assistance, please email me at cox.help@cox.com.

Thank you. 

FlailingForma
      New Contributor II

How is it that each time a complaint like this arises it's on the customer to address and then pay for the services of repair when it's the fault of Cox that the infrastructure isn't maintained?

NicholeC

Hi FlailingForma,

When an issue is reported, we will troubleshoot as best as possible. Sometimes, a service call is necessary. Any issues with Cox equipment or signal delivery would not be chargeable. Please note that the purpose of the forums is for customers to troubleshoot and assist one another with Cox services. If you have any concerns, please feel free to email our team at cox.help@cox.com 

thehumangerm
    New Contributor

File an FCC complaint. They don't respect their customers. They only listen to the threat of FCC fines. They are a monopoly and have no reason to care. The will have someone with more authority contact you.

bm
    New Contributor

Oops forgot o add when i run speed test to cox phoenix it can be anywhere from 450-750Mbps download and i'm getting  15-25Mbps. Yes i know the downoads are slow but right now that could be all the traffic on my wireless network with streaming videos but the upload speed is nowhere near what it should be since COX has upped it to 100Mbps as i said earlier this all has rapidly degraded in the last 2 weeks since so called maintenance in my area