Forum Discussion

Momi
New Contributor
4 months ago

Communication is generic

There are several companies who are in the same predicament as yours and YET have managed to inform its customer base about the ongoing work to repair the service. The tragedy of what has happened for our neighbors friends and families has taken a toll on all business in several states. It is poor practice for your companies PR or other representatives to show zero respect for your customer base other than a generic response to the situation. Your lack of communication to your customers has set a precedent that as a whole, thinking we would not fully understand. We do…as seen by many in this forum. Speaking out as one of your consumers you have lost our business, not for the basis of this happening we understand why. It is for the lack of your company to step forward and be  semi transparent instead of shutting the doors completely on communication.

• Momi 

Thank you for taking the time to compose and share your feedback.  I understand your concern and I don't want to see you go. I appreciate how important it is these days to stay connected to the people and things you care about, and the strain it can add when service is out due to big storms impacting your area. I know how difficult it is to wait for updates and service restoration after an event like this. We're aware of the urgency in the area, we just don't have any details available. At this time we don't have an estimate for when work will be completed, but Cox.com and the Cox App will be updated as soon as techs can make reliable estimates. 

Please know the purpose of the Cox community forums is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox services with other customers and we encourage our users to assist each other where possible via this avenue. Billing, account and some service issues require the sharing of sensitive information to resolve which isn't best suited for a public forum. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name, complete street address, the details of your concern and a link to this post.  Because this post falls outside of the purpose of our forums I will be turning off replies to this thread. We look forward to receiving your email so that we may assist you.