Forum Discussion

ICKIER
New Contributor II
4 years ago

Can't send email to other Cox accounts

Seems I too have the same very issue that apparently a lot of COX users are having.  Beginning November 1 after having NOT changed ANY settings on my iPhone or in Outlook, I can no longer send from ANY of my COX accounts.  I cannot even email myself as a test!  If another email account sends me an email I can reply to that and it will be delivered.  I get no error message. The emails do not get stuck in the Outbox and do appear in the Sent folder.

After wasting an hour of my life trying to explain this to a COX technician, he had the gall to offer me customer care for $10 a month, minimum 3 month subscription to handle my problem that is COX's problem!

What needs to happen to lift the filter on sending from my COX accounts?

4 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Cox contracts their email service to a third party.  You'll need to call Cox and open a ticket so Cox can contact the third party.

ICKIER
      New Contributor II

I have a ticket after stumbling across an email address in this forum.  Actually surprised they responded. Unfortunately it is turning into a complete **-show now.  What has COX done to have their once decent service turn to the mess it is today?!

ICKIER
      New Contributor II

If you are talking about deleting the email account in the email client (Outlook) and recreating, I've done this already.  I've rebooted, I power cycled the modem...I've done all the little things that the form message screen reading techs have you waste your time doing...COX service has turned to junk.