Forum Discussion

NickelArcade
New Contributor II
2 years ago

Can’t log into San Diego County Credit Union

A few days ago, I tried logging into my credit union account. It wouldn’t load.   I tried every device in my home (pc, laptop, iPhone) and nothing works.   I disconnected from wifi and sure enough, it works fine on my cellular network. I call SDCCU and they said they don’t block IP addresses and I should call Cox.   I then call Cox and they said it’s an sdccu issue.  So basically each provider is blaming each other.  And I reset my router and modem, reset all devices, restarted, etc.  I even reset my IP address.   Still the same issue.

I went on chat with someone at Cox and they said they are looking into it and contact them back in 48-72 hours (not very confidence inspiring)

every other website works fine.  I don’t use any vpns.  I turned off my firewall and virus scanner.  It’s extremely frustrating.   The only thing that I changed this week was switch from windows 10 to 11.  So would that affect it?  And if so, why does my iPhone not connect to the site ?

very frustrating when you can’t access your bank in your own home and the technical support on both side are pretty much useless 

9 Replies

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Is it a problem connecting to the site or logging into the site? If a problem connecting, can you ping the site? If a problem signing in, what exactly is the error?

NickelArcade
      New Contributor II

It’s a problem accessing the actual website.  I can’t even get in to log in.   The mobile app opens but doesn’t let me access the login screen

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

Can you ping the website? If not, run a tracert and see where it fails. Post the trace for advice.

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

Try using a VPN, if it works, they are blocking your Cox IP address. Opera is a great browser with a built in VPN. 

NickelArcade
      New Contributor II

thanks for the tip.  It looks like the vpn only works on desktop.  I’ll download it later to try it.  It doesn’t seem to work on iOS opera 

Darkatt
        Valued Contributor III

the fact that a VPN worked, indicates that your IP address was being blocked by the website. That means it's really not a Cox issue, but a problem that your credit union has to get resolved by their web site host.