Forum Discussion

Tom2001
Contributor
8 months ago

Beware πŸ˜₯ - Webmail deleted my Inbox

Over 1000 inbox emails disappeared today. They never appeared in my Trash (if I accidently deleted all). They all just vanished after sending my first email of the day. Before sending that email I saw all the inbos emails and the POOF...GONE.

I have 2 factor authorization set so I pretty sure it was not a hack. I gotta believe it was a Hickup on the Webmail server side that trashed my inbox. Maybe put this in a a bug, but I doubt anyone will persue it.

I'm setting up a gmail account that I will auto forward my Cox inbox to. Also gonna start weening myself off of Cox Email (20+ year customer) πŸ˜₯ πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello Tom2001. I'm very sorry to hear that this happened. Please reach out to us at cox.help@cox.net so that we can assist you. 

Cox Forum Moderator

Juan

• STARTING AT STEP 1 .....

So a week goes by after contacting Cox support. They said they escalated it a week ago. I checked with them today and support says no one escalated it and nothing has been done. All I want is to restore my email to before my 10,000+ emails were deleted. 

• Tom2001

I'd like to take a look at your account.  Please reach out to us via email with a link to this Forum post.  Thanks! 

Cox Forums Moderator

CAO
      New Contributor

Hi Stephanie,

I'll email you my account......

Spoke with Level 2 support this morning. They stated that there is nothing that can be done to retrieve the missing 10,000+ inbox messages as of 9/30/2023. They stated there is no "restore" capability from backups.

They also indicated they are aware of the "message" software bugs that continue on Webmail. I gotta believe those "bugs" may have been responsible for the "deletion" of my Inbox.

So folks, if by chance you find yourself with major missing mail content, you are out of luck getting anything restored by Cox.