Forum Discussion

bryaninphx
Valued Contributor
9 months ago
Solved

Any SplashTop users out there?

I have been using Splashtop for years to maintain several clients computers.
All of a sudden I cannot connect to any clients with Cox Internet.
All other ISPs I can still connect with.
Did Cox suddenly block the port necessary to connect?
The port I believe Splashtop uses is port 443.

• OK, I solved my own problem, Something with Cox has changed. The default settings no longer work.
    Change the outlined setting in each computer connection settings: Disable QUIC (Quick UDP Internet Connection)

• Disabling QUIC (Quick UDP Internet Connection) was only a bandage on the real problem:
    We had virtually no Upload capacity on the Remote computers.

"WiderMouthOpen"  Suggested that the RF Signal Amp may not be compatible with the Upstream OFDM change. He was correct, as soon as we removed the amp and replaced it with a barrel connector Upload corrected and now the QUIC setting works. Two problems solved by removing the amp.

forums.cox.com/.../133795

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    bryaninphx
    Valued Contributor

OK, I solved my own problem, Something with Cox has changed. The default settings no longer work.
    Change the outlined setting in each computer connection settings: Disable QUIC (Quick UDP Internet Connection)

bryaninphx
      Valued Contributor

Disabling QUIC (Quick UDP Internet Connection) was only a bandage on the real problem:
      We had virtually no Upload capacity on the Remote computers.

"WiderMouthOpen"  Suggested that the RF Signal Amp may not be compatible with the Upstream OFDM change. He was correct, as soon as we removed the amp and replaced it with a barrel connector Upload corrected and now the QUIC setting works. Two problems solved by removing the amp.

forums.cox.com/.../133795

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Not that I know off. I know they block port 80(HTTP) but not 443(HTTPS). As per here.

Also, seems 443 was open for this post.

Have you bypassed your router yet?