Forum Discussion

CoxBlox
New Contributor II
6 months ago

Another day, another catastrophic Cox outage

Anybody else on here 12+ hours into yet another crippling Cox outage without any warning or communication whatsoever? How is this acceptable, Cox? The water company doesn't do this.  The power company doesn't do this.  No other ISP does this.  You are the sole company that has their entire service go down for several hours at a time, several times per year.  What is the deal? What unforeseen event is happening that your techs can't fix within 16 hours? Is somebody setting off EMPs at your HQ or something? Can you maybe look into your chain of command and figure out who the incompetent link is so we can stop having our lives upended with these constant outages?

This is freaking ridiculous.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Coxoutageagain
    New Contributor II

Reaching about 16 hours into my outage and support has been non existent. They stopped updating the ETA like 6 hours ago and haven't given a single update.

ColleenD

Hi, Coxoutageagain and CoxBlox 

I appreciate how important the internet connection has become these days, & I apologize that your service is impacted. When we do not provide an ETR, it is due to the complexity of the work we are actively engaged in. The most recent ETR will be published in the Cox app as soon as it is available. If you need additional assistance, you can email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name, complete street address and a link to this forum post.

We're here to help. The purpose of the Cox forums is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox services with other customers and we encourage our users to assist each other where possible via this avenue. Since our users aren't able to assist with account specific information, I am locking this thread. 

• Hi, there. I'm really sorry about the issues you've had with your service and I'd like to help. Please email us the physical address and any other pertinent information to Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and a copy of this forum message. We really want to get you back up and running.

CoxBlox
      New Contributor II

I'm sorry but how is that going to help? I've called your help hotline and was given an auto response that there is an outage in my area that is being worked on "as quickly as possible" (color me unconvinced).  Have you guys considered perhaps the fact that these constant outages are entirely the fault of Cox and you should perhaps change your ways so that they don't happen so frequently.  Me sending an email isn't going to fix your company.

CoxBlox
    New Contributor II

Coming up on 16 hours with no Internet and not a peep from Cox. What's the deal? Goodness knows we pay you enough to deserve at least some communication here.  What happened? Earthquake in Tucson that I missed? Tactical nuke? I'm struggling to come up with any other reason that a huge telecom company working "as fast as possible" can't get their Internet service back up and running for an entire day.