Forum Discussion

Anonymous10
New Contributor
2 years ago

Advanced Security NOT working

This is the second time in one year where Advanced Security mysteriously turned off by itself without my doing anything. This morning, panoramic app did not say connection was “secure” as it always does so I went to “account setting” to turn it on. It has been trying to turn on for the past 6+ hours. When I go to Connect tab, it says under Advanced Security “hang on while we make your changes” which is ridiculous because I did not make a single change to begin with.

Chatting with Help Desk was no help because their app menu is not the same as my most recently updated app:

I was told to click on “secure your network” at Home Screen which is not even an option on my Home Screen so I couldn’t do that. Then I was told to go to Connect tab and click on “advanced security is disabled” but again, that option is not even available on my app.  In fact, my app looks absolutely nothing like what is advertised on App Store or their website instructions/help.

i reset/rebooted and even the help desk rebooted my modem on their end and still NOTHING changed. The first time this exact same issue happened, the tech guy rebooted from his end and everything went back to normal. This time, absolutely no help and nothing changed.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • I am experiencing the exact same thing. They said they’re experiencing service outages in Louisiana and it’s affecting some things in a weird way. Said they’re working on it and it should be back on soon.

Anonymous10
      New Contributor

If you are still having Advanced Security not working, ask Cox to FACTORY SET your Panoramic for you and it will take about 20 minutes or so.

it is not rebooting; ask for factory setting.

i deleted Panoramic app before they did the factory setting, reinstalled it and followed the prompt and everything is back to the way it was.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Factory resetting is an actual button on the router.  Unless Cox comes to your house, Cox can't reset a router to its default factory settings.

If Cox did something remotely to your router, the tech either reset its software configuration or re-provisioned your account.  I think they reset its configuration.  Users can also reset their Panoramic routers within their Cox account.

It's hard to tell what fixed your issue...online reset, removed/reinstall app or combo of both.  Keith should reset and if this doesn't work, remove/reinstall.

DavidA2
    Former Moderator
    Hi @ng3L,

I am sorry yo hear that you are having issues with the security settings on the app. Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app yet? If not, please try that and let us know if that helps.

David
    Cox Forums Moderator
      Anonymous10
      New Contributor

Yes, I have deleted and reinstalled the app multiple times. Nothing changes. 

i know this advanced security is for panoramic users but since my advanced security is not working, does that mean my connection is not secure at all? Or does Cox still provide some basic level of security for all and this Advanced is just an extra?

Thank you. 

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Wow.  This must be some advanced security!