Forum Discussion

scottrwhite70
New Contributor
27 days ago

5 days no service, no updates.

I fully understand the unique circumstances involved here. It was an opportunity for Cox to raise their level of communication/service with at least the communication piece. I signed up for text updates day 2……not a one has been sent. No time frame, no explanations. 

30 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    jackbat74
    New Contributor

4 days since our area outage. Not a single cox truck in the area making repairs. Not text updates only the blanket statement. This is just bad service!!

DustinP

Hello jackbat74,
      I appreciate how important it is to know when the network will be restored. Thank you for your patience. Although we are normally accurate with our times, occasionally our teams run into unexpected issues which forces us to extend the restoral times. It's possible we may not have an estimation determined, but that can change as crews draw closer to a fix. Should you continue to face an impact once the alert clears, then we can certainly help investigate further. For support, you may email us at Cox.Help@cox.com with your first and last name, complete address, and include a URL to this forum comment of yours.

jackbat74
        New Contributor

Hello DustinP the information provided is not helpful. Signed up for outage text messages and had one 5 days ago. The lack of information is from Cox is horrible. Still no repair trucks in the area and some of us work from home. Fix our internet.

tjarv005
    New Contributor II

I live in Bentonville and since 4 days I have only seen 1 cox truck out working. I have traveled almost every street from bentonville to Roger’s and I have seen only 1 cox truck out working. 

iamkeane
      New Contributor II

I haven’t seen one and I’m in Centerton. This is now day 5. I can’t wait till they get AT&T fiber ran here. 

JoshuaKirby1
        New Contributor II

I WISH I had ATnT fiber again. They don't come out to my location in Rogers, but when they do I'm going to jump ship and eat whatever BS loss cox wants just to never deal with their horrible service again. 

k_valentine
      New Contributor

Meanwhile, everyone on our street who has AT & T has everything back on. Not being able to get better info, not seeing a single truck in our area, not being able to call and get someone NOT on the chat tells me we need to investigate a switch. 

Alkhemist
    New Contributor

This is day 6 now. Not one text from Cox giving us an update. Even if there's no way to estimate at this point, why not tell us? Why not tell your customers what happened and why it's taking so long? When this is over, I'm going to Starlink. I suggest others look into this, as well.

iamkeane
      New Contributor II

Shoot I don’t think I’ll wait. Need someone reliable and who actually cares about their customers. 

Mmdouthit
        New Contributor II

Exactly. AT&T neighbors had WiFi as soon as the electricity was back on. Looks like a great time to switch. 

Mmdouthit
    New Contributor II

I am BEYOND aggravated! Even the City of Bentonville kept us updated and repeatedly gave eta’s as best they could. Coz gives nothing and I spoke with someone yesterday and I’m getting a $5 credit for the days we’ve been without so far. REALLY … why bother. That’s just adding insult to injury!!! 

JoshuaKirby1
      New Contributor II

Because they are a horrible organization who can't relate to anyone's problems. I bet the top guys don't even use their own service. 

iamkeane
    New Contributor II

When you email them they say, “They are working on a node that is congested in my area. This is a very tedious job which will take several days. Give me your PIN and I’ll refund you the days you’ve been out.” At least that was more than just, we’re working on it. I just ordered Starlink. 

• Cox deleted my comment which suggested I was gonna switch to ATT. Guess what... I switched. Never looking back. Customer service from Cox is among the worst I have ever experienced. 

Summersoft
    New Contributor

This has been a difficult situation. We appreciate the hard work required to restore internet to all impacted customers.

I agree with someone's comment about the text messages we signed up for. Even a message estimating the time to restore would be useful. 

I understand Cox restoration follows electricity restoration. Can we expect service within x number of days after we have power back? Can we check on specific addresses for an ETA?

NicholeC

Hi Summersoft, 

I'm sorry you've been without service. In order for us review specific areas, we will need an address. We recommend anyone looking for updates or credits to please reach out to us via email at cox.help@cox.com or via our Facebook or Twitter support, so we can obtain the needed information from you. 

Thank you. 

Tflo65
    New Contributor

Day 9, still no service. We have the top internet package + add on for unlimited data. Almost 200$ month for just internet 😱 I hope the credit you are offering our area is equal to the daily rate. 

To the moderators: We all just want communication. What progress has been made to restore service? Almost all of our area in Rogers/Bentonville/Centerton has been restored, since last week.  The map of outages on the Cox app doesn’t load anything, it’s just a map. 
    I like everyone else have not seen any Cox trucks working on anything. None. 
    For those that have jumped ship…I don’t know of any other option available in the part of Rogers I live in (east out New Hope) 

NicholeC

Hi Tflo65,

I'm sorry you've been without service. In order for us review specific areas, we will need an address. We recommend anyone looking for updates or credits to please reach out to us via email at cox.help@cox.com or via our Facebook or Twitter support, so we can obtain the needed information from you. 

Thank you.