Forum Discussion

ratoren
New Contributor II
4 months ago

2 Year Contract Expiring - Any Suggestions?

My 2 year contract with Cox is expiring next month - currently on the 500/50 plan for $49/month. Really worried that this will shoot up. Has anyone seen ads or had any good renewal contracts lately? Or any suggestions on who to contact/call before my contract expires for a good renewal?

I'm in Irvine CA, and Cox Cable is the only choice for high-speed internet (other than ATT DSL with max speed at 100/10, and ATT truly stinks), so I can't really threaten to cancel. On the other hand, Cox has been great - actual speeds are higher than advertised and very reliable service, so I'd be happy with another long contract with Cox, though really want to stay at the current rate (or as close as possible). 

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello, ratoren, the purpose of the Cox Internet Forums is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone and High Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need for someone to look into your account personally.  If you are needing help with billing or other account specific issues.  Please reach us on Twitter at CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email by at cox.help@cox.com anytime for assistance.