Forum Discussion

Kim00
New Contributor
4 months ago
Solved

I hate the new email

Does anyone know how to get my email appearance to revert to the old layout? I don't want previews of the messages, and having them show up means it takes far longer to delete all the junk that ends up in my inbox.

• Remove text preview

Settings > All settings ... > Inbox > Uncheck: Show text preview

Kim00  When you verify this is the solution to your issue, kindly check "Mark as Solution".

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Remove text preview

Settings > All settings ... > Inbox > Uncheck: Show text preview

Kim00  When you verify this is the solution to your issue, kindly check "Mark as Solution".

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

I am sure CurtB could describe it better, but try clicking on the Settings gear on the top right and then changing the layout to list. Is that any better? No way to get the old layout unfortunately. Not sure if it will be an improvement or not but FYI Cox email is being transition to Yahoo soon.

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Yea..I should leave all webmail issues to you. It's difficult to troubleshoot when you don't have Cox email. Their documentation is limited.

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

You're doing okay.  It's easier for me because I can test before I post.  If you get a Yahoo Mail account, it will be easier for you to troubleshoot email issues after the transition.

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor
        CurtB wrote:

If you get a Yahoo Mail account

Good idea! Though to be honest that is the only reason I would have a Yahoo account. Their big hack scared me away from them.

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III
    Kim00 wrote:

junk that ends up in my inbox

I can help eliminate unwanted messages in Inbox.  The ones that go to Spam are harder to stop.

How to: Prevent Webmail Spam | Cox Community

The above post was created for the previous version of Webmail.  The title is misleading for the current version of Webmail because it can't eliminate messages going to Spam.  Ignore references to Webmail spam filtering.  Everything else still applies to unwanted messages going to Inbox.