Forum Discussion

MojoGene
New Contributor
16 days ago
Solved

Contour Just Hangs and Hangs

Spent over an hour with Cox tech support on this with no success.  Here are the symptoms: when accessing watchtv.cox.com = the screen just hangs with the message "Contour TV Now connecting to your entertainment experience." When using the Contour App -- same result.

The problem only exists on one specific Windows 10 desktop. I am able to access Contour TV (browser and app) from other devices. I am using the Edge browser, but I get the same problem with the Chrome browser.

I have tried all the obvious solutions: deleted all browsing data, passwords, etc., deleted and reinstalled the Contour App, rebooted the cable router, disabled antivirus/antimalware. Nada.

The only thing I can figure is that there is some entry in the Windows registry that is the source of the problem. There are a handful of entries for Contour and watchtv.cox.com, but I am not adventurous enough to just start deleting registry entries (not yet anyway).

Any suggestions? Muchos gratias.

• Accessing watchtv.cox.com with a desktop browser doesn't use the Cox app, so that can be eliminated as a cause.  Double check your desktop URL is correct.  The shortcut I use is: https://watchtv.cox.com/listings/

Go to watchtv.cox.com settings and 'reset permissions' and disable all browser extensions.  Close the browser and try again from the desktop (using the same browser) while signed out from all other devices.  If you've done all those things, there may be an issue with your desktop PC.      

8 Replies

• Hello. While I am unable to recommend adding/removing things rom the Windows registry, I do recommend running any Windows updates that the pc may require and see if that helps. 

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

You didn't specifically mention it, but you probably deleted cookies too.  In case you didn't, delete cox.com and watchtv.cox.com cookies to force reauthentication with your Cox credentials.  Be sure that cookies are allowed for the watchtv.cox.com website.

Here's a link to a solution that fixed a watchtv.cox.com issue for me years ago.

TV grid doesn't load for Contour via browser | Cox Community

MojoGene
      New Contributor

Yeah, deleted all the Cox cookies multiple times. Strange behavior. After I delete the cookies, close and restart the browser, I can see that the cookies are no longer listed. But when I return to watchtv.cox.com the same cookies are recreated and the site hangs without ever asking for re-credentialing.  

I found that article, which is now about 5 years old, and followed it to the letter. Still NADA.

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Accessing watchtv.cox.com with a desktop browser doesn't use the Cox app, so that can be eliminated as a cause.  Double check your desktop URL is correct.  The shortcut I use is: https://watchtv.cox.com/listings/

Go to watchtv.cox.com settings and 'reset permissions' and disable all browser extensions.  Close the browser and try again from the desktop (using the same browser) while signed out from all other devices.  If you've done all those things, there may be an issue with your desktop PC.      

MojoGene
      New Contributor

Eurika! It was the AdGuard extension. Can't believe that didn't occur to me.