How do I reset my cable boxes without having to call in when the connection reset tool says my Whole Home DVR boxes are not eligible?I have had my whole home DVR maybe a year and every month I personally have to reset my boxes. If I don't, then after about 5 weeks I start missing DVR recordings because it says the recorder isn't available while it is recording only a single show. My most recent miss was the epic season finale of flash that I ended up having to wait over a week to watch before it was actually put on On-Demand, of which of course mostly was spoiled to me by media and other people who got to see it because their DVR system doesn't ***. I can't just unplug it because my home theatre system is built in and not easily accessible. When I call to talk to someone they say to use the online tool but it doesn't work for me because it says my equipment is not eligible for a cable box refresh. My only option is to call and go through all the phone prompts to do it and that is a pain. It is so frustrating to have a new system and be told that I should be able to use the online reset tool but not be told why it does not work for me. Why won't it work? How can I get it fixed? The last time I spoke to Cox about this was 3 months ago and I was told they were sending it to their internet website people saying it was an issue with the website. But at the same time I went over to a friend and had him do it for his stuff and it worked perfect. Since then I have not got any information from Cox and it is just very discouraging. Anyone else have this problem?
- On your page you stated that I don't have contour services so what have I been paying for the last couple of years also Ive been a pretty good customer foe a few year $$$$$$$$$$$$$ ? ? can I get Two of those taking remote for my home I believe I'm paying enough money for that
- I have had dish services with other providers and recently moved back to az from NY where I had time-warner. we loved twc and the cable was very user friendly we decided to give cox a chance and can't stand the format of things... are we alone in this?
- Several times Jeopardy does not record, even tho it is set to record and is highlighted like it will. It is always on a Friday and sometimes an important show, like a final of a series. It happened again last Friday, 2-5-16.
- My contour box requires reboot constantly, are there know issueswith this deviceor can they be resolved somehow? Since the day this device was installed in my home I have many problems. Initially it would have trouble getting some channels. I went through my home and tightened down all of my cable connections (made sure splitters and connections were tight). The channel troubles became less frequent, but I am still having to reboot the box constantly. Sometimes it requires a reboot to even open the DVR function. Sometimes it will not rewind live TV and I need to reboot. Other times the guide will not display or I cannot change channels. This is the most inconvenient DVR system I have ever used. I hope that I am alone in this struggle and there is some software/firmware update or model replacement that will resolve these chronic issues.
- Over the past several weeks, we have been experiencing a "recording error" on various shows. Some do record, but most don't. I would say that out of every 10 shows, only one is successfully recorded. The error shows something like "7:59-7:59" and is quite frustrating to see time after time. After searching forums, I've learned that support will usually advise to replace the box or have a service call and they'll replace the cables. However, this is only a short term fix and the problem later returns. Anyone actually troubleshoot this problem for good, and not just a short-term band-aid?
- We set the recorder to record shows but when we sit to watch, the show never recorded and it reads RECORDING ERROR. This just started happening in the past few days. It will also be set to record but it will never even begin recording. Is the box broken?
- I had the same DVR box for 7 years and had to recently replace it. I have had the replacement for only a few months and have more problems now than I had with the old one: 1. If two shows begin recording at the same time, nothing will play - the screen goes gray. 2. Even if the menu grid shows "red" for a recording, it does not actually record. 3. Sometimes when changing channels, the channel I change to just becomes a gray screen - I have to change it back again before something will actually show. 4. If I have something scheduled to be recorded, it will record only the 1st minute, then stop recording even if nothing else is scheduled to record. 5. When I try to play back something that recorded, I get a message that states "this program is not available". SO FRUSTRATING!!!!
- I go to change the channel, the channel guide information at the bottom of the screen changes while displaying the channel, but the actual channel doesn't change. Eventually I have to disconnect/reconnect the Contour DVR from its power supply to reset it. And in a related development, the programs that I set to record tonight AREN'T recording, I had a program set to record at 8 p.m., it's 8:25, the 'Scheduled recordings" shows the show SHOULD be recording but it's not displaying under "recorded" or on the front of the DVR.
Four client boxes do not pause live TV and the DVR play-back does not function, has anyone had these issues corrected?We have had at least 13 tech visits and countless technical service telephone calls related to errors 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52, and "we are experiencing technical difficulties, try again later", over the past six weeks, and problems still exist. We cannot watch any recorded programs nor pause live TV even though all the client boxes are correctly set-up for this function. The problems started when we added two more client boxes to the system. We had to reset the system on a weekly basis prior to this the addition, but the client boxes still worked without error messages, they would just freeze until rebooted. We even had the primary/main box replaced and lost all of our recorded programming to no avail, the problem still exists and we lost months of programming. The techs think they have resolved the problem and go on their merry way, andwithin hours the problem returns. This saga has been going on way too long, we have missed days and days of work, spent hours and hours on the phone, and reset boxes dozens of times. We are frustrated that they cannot resolve this issue once and for all - it's a nightmare and all but the primary box are useless. Has anyone else experienced these type of problems? Was it ever resolved to your satisfaction? Or, do you have a good contact for the dish network? Any thoughts or help related to your experience would be greatly appreciated.