- Direct TV's platform is light years ahead of Cox's. I just switched from Direct TV to Cox and I am really missing Direct TV now. The program guide is so much better. You get a lot more information from Direct TV's program guide including icons for each show/movie and the year it was created. And there are really great features such as Smart Search and Double Play that Cox does not have. With DIRECTV Smart Search, you can search for movies, shows, sports, people, channels, and even YouTube videos on your DIRECTV HD DVR. Your DIRECTV search results will start to appear as soon as you enter the first letter of the word you're typing in the search field. Here's how to use DIRECTV Smart Search: Press theMENUbutton on your remote, then selectSearch & Browse. SelectDIRECTV Smart Search. You’ll see a letterpad, as well as suggested search items highlighting new and interesting shows and movies based on what's trending now. Use thearrow buttonson the remote to navigate the letters on the letterpad and pressSELECT, or use the number keys in the same way you would text on a mobile device. DIRECTV search results will start to appear as soon as you enter the first letter of the word you're typing in the search field. At any point you can press thered buttonon your remote to start theKeyword Search. Want to find something on TV, but don't remember how to spell it? No problem. Smart Search knows what you're looking for and can interpret misspellings, nicknames, and more, returning only the results you want. When the title of the program you're looking for appears, you can set the recording options. You can also see detailed cast information, pictures, filmographies, and actor biographies, as well as the upcoming movies and shows they'll appear in. Additionally, you can search for YouTube videos and watch them on your TV screen. The more you use the DIRECTV Smart Search feature, the smarter it gets. It'll save all your recent searches to help you find what you're looking for the next time you use the search function. And Double Play... It's happens to every sports fan: two huge games on at the same time. What to do? DIRECTV has the answer: DoublePlay. It allows you to quickly toggle between any two games that are simultaneously recording. It works for any two shows on any two channels. DoublePlay doubles your enjoyment with a click no matter what you want to watch. Here's how it works: While watching one game, press theDOWN arrowon your remote to start recording it. Press theDOWN arrowagain to select a game on a different channel. You can use theDOWN arrowto toggle between the two programs. You can also pause or rewind either program so you don't miss a minute of the action. When will Cox upgrade their Platform and get these features???
- HELLO?AM MR.ALCALA,AND I NEED HELP WITHONDEMAN?LIKE HOW DO I LOOK UP A MOVIE BY ACTOR'S NAME? IN ADDITION TO MY SUPPORT HELP HOW DO I WORK MY DVR?I TRIED RECORDING SAVAGES A FEW DAYS AGO BUT THEN LATER THAT NIGHT I TRIED AND TRIED TO FIND OUT HOW RECEIVER WORKS FINDING MY RECRDINGS.BUT WAS UN ABLE TO DO ANYTHING ,PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS ISSUE??
- I just had Contour installed with 3 units this week. I like every part of it. Thanks. I do have 2 issues: 1) even though the ads clearly show usage of tablets in their ads, in reality, I now find outthat both the Solution Centers and the Tech Support do not handle tablet issues for android tablets (i.e., Samsung 10.1). Even though I pay a premium for tech support a call to them was immediately turned back to a Solutions Center. So far, the tech there does not have an answer either. I am not an Apple donor and feel that an exclusive use of iPads is not conveyed well in your ads or your sales support staff. Will I be able to add a Contour menu and control to my tablet? 2) Showtime anytime. I see quite a bit of conversation about Cox supporting this service. I too, feel that I should be able to use it as a part of paying a monthly premium to COX for showtime. When will COX join with the other providers and pass the service along to your customers?
- It's been over 20 year from my last cable services hookup here at the Florence Tower, services has change a little now the customers are given the chance to save money by doing their own self-sufficient converter box hookups, but it took 3 to 4 days for the services to come out an turn on all my Advance TV channels on while, and handed me a extra converter box with two extra remotes with only a HDMI output, that did nothing at all when I hook it up but I brought it back in to knock off the extra rental charges to find out it was not ever recorded on my account, sure sounds strange. I use the Favorite selection to add all the channels that are coming in from the ones that present I need a subscription. I don't know if I'm getting over 200 of my favorite channels, but some of the other residents in the building are sure kept up to date about what I'm watching on both the TV and Internet could use a security check up on the outside.
- We are paying much higher prices than we did than any other time I've ever been with Cox (San Diego). I've been a customer since 2006 and have always had On-Demand. However, ever since our family moved to Buckeye, AZ in 2010, we have been plagued with interrupted services, dropped internet connections, etc. Things have improved here somewhat, but our internet is still having issues with short random connection issues at the most random times. With that said, it has been three whole years that we have lived in this house seeing Cox On-Demand commercials, On-Demand Ads being placed on my door and in the mail even though I'm already a customer. Yet we still don't have On-Demand service. When will the Buckeye area be getting the capability to access Cox On-Demand (the services that we are paying for yet don't get) ? According to what I found online, my house's services are connected to some station named Verrado.
- How do I check to see which firmware I have. My DVR went off the other morning for a couple hours(I assume for a firmware update) and went from 4-5 hours of buffer time to only ONE measly hour. Id like to know if I can figure out what firmware I have sine when i research the issue I keep seeing people refer to that. Any help is appreciated! :)
Play all, alphabetizing, watched already, and conflicting series indicator features with Cox Advanced TV Plus Package and Trio DVRI just upgraded to Cox Advanced TV Plus Package and Trio am wondering about a few features. Unfortunately, all the routes I went through with Cox have hit dead ends due to their poorly trained agents who keep either referring me to other support or simply don't know the answers. So here we go. Features that my old DVR had, but I can't find in my new one. How it worked in the old DVR will be in parenthesis: Play All option for multiple recordings of a series (selecting the show and hitting info). Alphabetizing the recorded programs list when the titles are grouped (this happened automatically if you grouped the recording list by title). Being able to tell if I watched a particular episode of a series already (the listing appeared dim in the recorded shows list). Being able to quickly tell if a program won't be recording due to a conflict (you could go into scheduled recordings and the program that wouldn't be recording had a "no" symbol next to it and it was dimmed out). Please give me insight on if they can be done and/or if I can submit feedback to have them added. Thank you!Solved
- when i am watching Stars on my HD TV (i am subscribed with Cox Bundle, Internet, phone and Cable) the screen has pixels at random times. I also have difficulty receiving wireless internet in the same room, very slow to connect to Netflix and iphone. What is causing these problems? I don't think the pixels on the TV is the same issue as the slow connecting on the iphone and Wii using to connect with Netflix.???
- I recently had the trusty Scientific Altanta DVR replaced after a Service Call about being unable to view ON Demand movies. The new Cisco box worked ok for few days until we tried to view a recorded program. It stuttered and was generally unwatchable on the playback. That started to occur watching live TV too. Was this a bad disk? Another symptom was that viewing the guide shrank the live TV picture as expected, but when exiting from the Guide, the picture remained small in the upper right quadrant. Changing channels didn't reset. A complete reset by unplugging power was the only way to get it back. The continued playback stutter made me visit a store for an exchange. The second unit seemed OK, but suffered from the same stuuer playback. I left the stuttering program on what I thought might be bad disk, and subsequent recorded shows seemed fine. This morning I noticed the program playing through this box, was about 5 seconds delayed from the same program playing through a non-DVR box, where previously they had been in perfect sync. I clicked the guide, and the same shrunken picture state happened. I have been searching issues with the Cisco boxes and the stutter is mentioned a lot. Is the box subject to overheating - it is in a cabinet with glass doors. Can I get a Scientific Atlanta DVR Cable box. I am seriously considering a move to satellite