Forum Discussion

BurninBogey6
New Contributor II
2 years ago

Robo calls, spam calls etc.

So, I've had a Cox business phone for about 6 months now. 

Not

One

Single

Phone 

Call

Yes, phone does work...inbound and outbound. 

Yet, I haven't received one phone call on this thing. How are business #'s not affected by spam callers etc vs cell phone/private numbers?

10 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Telescammers mostly call residential numbers amassed from other businesses willing to sell your contact information.  They're looking for "vulnerable" residents so there are blocks of numbers (Area Code and Exchanges) they try to avoid, such as the assignable blocks of business numbers from the providers, federal DSN numbers, local gov't agencies, etc.

BurninBogey6
      New Contributor II

This seems logical. I wondered if there was a seperation between business numbers and residential/private numbers. 

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

I'm unsure how or if there is a "separation."  I'm sure providers would like to maintain a clear delineation between their business and residential assignments; however, I'd think it'd be difficult to maintain.

If a business switches from Verizon to Cox, I'm sure the business would want to transfer their Verizon business number to Cox.  Would this number be in the business allocation of Cox?  If a business wants a vanity number, such as KARS-4-KIDS, would this number be in the allocation?

I'm not sure how it works.  I think the separation is just where the scammers get their dialing lists.  I can't speak for anyone else, but it appears my spam calls have significantly dropped over the past year.  Perhaps we're just in a weird cycle.

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

have YOU tried calling the business number from a cell phone? What about friends and/or family members. Ask them to call you from various places and see of the call goes through, and if not, what is the error?

BurninBogey6
      New Contributor II

I have used various outside cell phones, other businesses, friends etc to call this phone and all calls do go through, even voicemail works. 

It's just weird that I'm not like harassed every day like cell phone users are. 

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor
        It's just weird that I'm not like harassed every day like cell phone users are. 

Could it be CVT or Call validation? See here.

Karen_R
    Former Moderator
    Hello BurninBogey6,

Thank you for contacting Cox Social Media. We can take further investigate the telephone service not working. Please send an email with this forum link, your full name, business name, and the full street address to cox.help@cox.com. We will reply back once we receive the email. Thanks

Karen
    Cox Social Media
      BurninBogey6
      New Contributor II

Thank you, but service is working fine as already mentioned.