Forum Discussion

Rosebud84
New Contributor III
4 years ago

Unknown calls

I have been getting a huge amount of unknown /unavailable calls and those annoying time share vacation calls.  The Nomorobo is turned on in my settings, so

why are all these calls making it through to my phone?  Seems kind of pointless if I am still getting all these unwanted calls.

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • @Stacey, Unwanted robo calls can be troublesome. Alongside of Nomorrobo, I also recommend registering with the National Do Not Call Registry. You can find more information about that here: donotcall.gov/register. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      Rosebud84
      New Contributor III

I am already registered with do not call, but doesn't seem to make a difference.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Unknown and unavailable but with telephone numbers?  I get those too but the numbers are rarely used more than once.  There's not much you can do about "unique" or "one-time" numbers.  Nomo only helps if the number has been a longtime nuisance and someone previously reported it   As soon as Nomo launched, I started getting exponentially more and more calls from one-time numbers

Rosebud84
      New Contributor III

Weird, but I get repeat calls calls all the time that are unknown numbers.  I tried blocking numbers through a feature on Cox, but it only allows 20 or so numbers at a time.

Allan
        @Stacey, You can report the number to donotcall.gov if you continue to receive those calls and you have already registered. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
    Stewart_H
    New Contributor III

Get a phone system with SCB (Smart Call Block)....that will do it for you......